ELD's and pickups,

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by KANSAS TRANSIT, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    At first I was worried they would take my job until I realized the new car manufacturers will probably not allow both bumpers of the first car towed and the front bumper of the second unit to be taken off for transport. Lol Atleast not yet!

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Bob will have to start paying a decent wage so he can retain decent drivers.

4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Speaking of busses going south. Last month in Ia on i35, I got stopped on the scale going north. In the back were 2 old school busses. They were doing a level 1 insp on them. 1 passed the other failed over the exhaust pipe was too short. Now here is the nifty part. They were going south and the Dot insp went and turned them back north for an insp
    Well it seems they had no dot numbers
    No log books no insurance.
    They got ahold of their boss and he shows up in a car. So it was explained to him what needed to be done before they can leave. The boss goes I've been doing this for 9 years and nobody ever bothered us before... kinda ballsy in my thought. The Dot guys go really. Yes I go all over the US and you are the first to ever stop us..This is just one guy doing this, I wonder if any of them are even legal. Yea and both were lded up with parts, tires etc

Terry270 and Hammer166 Thank this.
  5. ralphbohm

ralphbohm Light Load Member

May 6, 2014
    What about livestock haulers?
    What about bee haulers?

6. glenn71

glenn71 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    I haul decked trucks and I'm exempt from ELD. That may change, but probably not any time soon.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.