ELECTRONIC PROBLEMS WITH CASCADIAS

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by SOUGROUP, Jun 23, 2018.

1. SOUGROUP

SOUGROUP Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Got a good one for you guys with Cascadias ,this happen to one of my drivers on our 2012 cascadia ,driver went to shower an clean up ,truck was perfect ,came back and all lites flashing without the flasher been on also the cruise would not accelerate the engine ,well he went crazy trying to figure out till about 3 am and then gave up, at 5 am the Military truck next to him that park after he went to shower left , and all problems disappear !
    the driver called one of his body's that work at a frighteliner dealer and he told him about the same problem with a government truck inside the shop that made another truck go crazy,,SO IF ANY ONE OUT THERE HAVE THIS PROBLEM CHECK YOUR SURROUNDINGS FOR ANY TYPE OF GOVERNMENT TRUCKS .

PS- A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THIS TYPE OF TRUCKS IS BECAUSE OF THE ABOVE, OTHER PROBLEMS ENGINE CUT OFF FOR NO REASON ,CRUISE CUT OFF ALSO FOR NO REASON, ,
    There is a lot of government vehicles and police & troopers that use hi tech radars and hi frequency equipment that makes this truck act crazy!!

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SOUGROUP

SOUGROUP Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Hope my post help you guys out in the road to understand a lot of your problems for no reason.

baha Thanks this.
  4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I think it's just coincidence.

If the battery's are old then it will go into load shedding when parked for a 10. load shedding will cut the power and reset the "computer". Next time it happens try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    A few thoughts.

First doubt it has anything to do with radio, radar or anything like that.

Second you have a first version of the first generation of that model. I worked on a couple in my time to figure out how to get the CB working right, so the first version sucks electrically speaking and most of the time it is a grounding issue with the body and engine ECM.

Third, I don't think the freightliner dealer would have a mechanic just trying to figure this out, if it happened, then their regional people would be there. Beside I don't think these 'government' trucks get serviced at Freightliner - at least the ones I know.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  6. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    It's happen really often almost on every truck stop. Military tracking certain people to erase memory. Driver need to wear foil hat and grounding chain attached to the ankle.

AModelCat, 06driver, Rrts247 and 3 others Thank this.
  7. SOUGROUP

SOUGROUP Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2018
    You don't have to believe it , but is no coincidence,

8. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Give it some time.

9. SOUGROUP

SOUGROUP Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Truck has new batteries and is in top shape,never had any more trouble, after the military truck left

10. SOUGROUP

SOUGROUP Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2018
    I know but try to explain it to the other guys

11. marpolsdofer

marpolsdofer Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Not sure about active duty but in Reserves and National Gaurd they do. They only have a few people who work there full time there. When you have unit fully there, they can not fix all of it in time. If they need something fixed or just general service by a certain time that will either bring civilians to the shop or take it to them. Sometimes they don't have the tools either. Same goes with parts they have their own but sometimes a order will take to long to get. Another is budget, it cost more then just getting them by civilian channels.

That is another reason why sometimes vehicles and equipment is shipped base to base. Cheaper to have multiple things shipped then driven. Time is also a issue. You get 2 weeks to get all your unit doing some training, can not have 1/3 of if driving. Then getting you unit in hotels, food, and all that stuff.
    Most of time time it is fly or bus there and take what you can get at the base.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.