Eliminate Hours of Service

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by RigJockey, Aug 9, 2021.

1. wildcoyote

wildcoyote Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Michigan
    This is so true, I learned this years ago and figured if I'm going to work this hard for someone else, I might as well be the one earning at the top. When I was looking for a job about 6 years ago, I even applied to fast-food restaurants, but they thought $26 an hour was too high, I told them I would likely replace at least 4 people so it's a bargain, now I just actively manage and work for myself. 2 sole proprietorships and 2 LLCs so 4 businesses in total. Does anybody know how I can obtain a clone of myself? The hiring pool is pathetic, I'm offering one of the highest wages in the county just to hire a mechanic and I'm getting people that can't lift 15lbs, are unable to walk up steps, and with absolutely zero experience applying...What has the world come to?

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Shippers are regulated in other aspects of their business (just look at the OSHA regs concerning docks and forklifts), there's no reason the time aspect can't be regulated as well - and I say that as someone who generally opposes government regulation of businesses.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted