Elite nationwide services

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Gunner75, Oct 14, 2017.

1. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    I don't even know if I have a CSA score.

Logan76 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Hell No, he contacted me on indeed

Logan76 Thanks this.
  4. Poo71438

Poo71438 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Actually I was working for an owner operator that was leased to ENS. They are owned by 1845 Oilfield Services. Bottom barrel freight and bottom barrel rates which you get a percentage of. The trucks are all Penske trucks that have lil motors and automatics. The 53' trailers are 12 year old Transcraft former ATS flatbeds thanks are not designed well at all, even ATS is trying to get rid of the poorly designed trailers. No winches for the front 15 feet of the trailer and the winches only slide on 2' slides cause D rings are every 2 1/2 feet on the drivers side. They mainly haul osb out of Carthage Texas, pipe out of Paragon in Tulsa Oklahoma, insulation, and sheetrock out of Sweetwater Texas. Nice folks but that's about all I will give them.

5. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Well anything new to add to this? I just found about these guys on craigslist while looking to see what jobs were available. Filled out the app and they told me to come to orientation. I was told it would be flatbed but did find it odd lots of pictures of their trucks but not a single one of any trailers. Is the pay what they claim it is, 1200-1500 home most weekends?

TheyCallMeDave Thanks this.
  6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Sounds about what their CEO pitched me on LinkedIn.

7. Metalicious

Sep 27, 2015
    Well don’t know what to think about that. Got to be rough if the CEO is doing the grunt work. I think I’ll stay where I’m at for the time being. And keep looking elsewhere in the meantime.

8. Poo71438

Poo71438 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2017
    You won't find any photos of the trailers cause they even know they suck. 12-15 is far fetched cause they short run ya, which means more sitting at shippers and receivers. Just a quick run down, your looking at half a day to get loaded in Tulsa at Paragon, an hour and a half waiting in line in Carthage to load OSB, 4 hour wait time in Sweetwater to load drywall, etc.... And tarp is a good 95% of the loads.
    The trailers are Transcraft red framed retired ATS trailers that have definitely seen better days. The locking pin holes to slide your axle are so worn out that your axle continually slips during acceleration and braking. They ill equip you so you never have enough equipment to do the job and send you wrong info all the time.
    I ain't whining cause 17 years pulling rgn, step, flat, double Schnabel....I know what I'm doing.
    Now as far as the office, they do a fine job. I didn't have no complaints with the Tinney's.
    If you do the hopper side be prepared for a #### show dealing with 1845.

Metalicious Thanks this.
  9. Metalicious

Sep 27, 2015
    So do you work there?

10. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    Ha, that's wild. I was browsing Craigslist today and found an ad for them. It was for flatbed, picking up at old castle products in RoundRock, and delivering supposedly to the Lowe's and Home Depot's around the Austin area. Home daily, no weekends and I can park the truck at home. (I live in Temple about 35 miles from Round Rock) Quoted me an average of 1100 per week AFTER taxes. But what got me is the pay is by mile? How can that be, becasue there's no way you're turning miles like that, loading in RoundRock and delivering around Austin.

What got me, was I called, was basically hired over the phone after a 5 minute conversation, offered to get me a hotel for tonight in Weatherford, and start orientation in the morning at 8am. I went home, filled out the application, and got a call an hour later saying I was cleared by safety. No call to my former boss or anything regarding background. I was supposed to take off in the morning to head to orientation, and maybe I'm paranoid, but I started getting cold feet after replaying everything in my head. The guy was extremely nice, almost too nice and overly excited to bring me on. I don't know, but I can't really find much on them online at all.

Dave

11. Metalicious

Sep 27, 2015
    Much the same story here. Except for the pay by the mile thing. They told me it was percentage and I would be home most weekends. The fella on the phone is nice, like over the top nice. I too got cold feet replaying everything in my head. I have a decent local job now as it is, just looking in anticipation of lay offs that are rumored to be coming since April begins our “slow season”. Upon looking at their craigslist ad again after the fact I did notice aluminum trailer attached to tractor in two pics but that’s just one single trailer. If the rest of their trailers are 15+ year old ATS rejects I don’t wanna be using that stuff. I’m not gonna go to their orientation. I’ll stick with what I’ve got.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.