Elon Musk's "Starlink" internet

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Dieselboss, Feb 3, 2021.

1. andrewsdad

andrewsdad Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2016
    I don't think it is available yet for mobile applications. When you check availability it is limited to 1 lat/log location and says it will only work there. I also got the email yesterday. For me, $650 for hardware comes to a total of $800 with shipping. They say $120/month, but speeds should be far superior to what I have now. The $800 to get started might be the end for me until prices drop.

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    The speeds look good. People are getting 130MB download speeds and it's unlimited data.

andrewsdad and mp4694330 Thank this.
  4. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
  5. BlackwolfYT

BlackwolfYT Bobtail Member

May 29, 2020
  6. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ya the current equipment in their beta tests are a bit bulky for a mobile application but I’m betting their ESIM product mentioned in that article will be better for our Trucks. Musk said it was too big for his Tesla cars but I bet it will be small enough to mount on our cabs just like the mobile satellite dishes currently do.

looking forward to signing up for their mobile beta and using Verizon for my backup data solution.

H3R3T1C and Dieselboss Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.