Em Way Inc.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Francis Harvey, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    That's always a positive.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    He they are not the best but they don't bend you over, I made some changes and know I am seeing 1.75 to 2.25 an most loads to the truck

4. Gators17

Gators17 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Any company you run for will definitely have to make money so fees will be have to come off of what you make. Em Way's loads are as follows. I am an owner operator for them so I know first hand.

2% of gross goes to factoring company
    $275.00 a week administratice fee
    $155.00 a week cargo insurance
    $135 a week trailer rental
    $10.00 a week transflo fee

So every week they will charge you these fees rather you work or not. This is the one issue that most owner operators complain about with the company. Another negative is any fine received rather overweight, inspection, speeding or anything, Em Way will charge an additional fee up to $300 for each occurrence.

nel4you Thanks this.
  5. Usngrandpa

Usngrandpa Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2017
    I have leased my truck to EM WAY for the past 2.5 years. I pull dry van, and live in Washington state. I do not have a California legal truck, so when I leave home, I know I am heading east.

The problem I see in the trucking industry is the brokers. By the time it gets to the truck owner, we are seeing as much as 50% go to the broker. It's killing the small guy.

As to EMWAY, I have found they are exactly as advertised. The administrative fee pays for keeping the doors of the office open, paying for the office, staff wages, phones, etc. Indeed, I would say this fee is on the low side. Cargo insurance, trailer lease, TripPak are all reasonable (I have talked to drivers with their own authority, and they pay twice as much for cargo insurance). The 2% factoring fee is low by industry standards, a little research shows 5 to 7% is more common.

I have never had a missed settlement in the time I've been at emway. There have been some miscalculated settlements, and to be fair, sometimes it's me that miscalculated. I have had assistance on some repairs, and the reason I received them is primarily because my track record shows that I bust my tail to run hard, safe, and,LEGALLY.

Is everything perfect? Of course not. There is no such thing as a perfect company in the trucking industry. For the important factors, such as consistent freight, reliable settlements, home time when requested (1 missed request in 2.5 years when a new load Coordinator missed it), and the ability to talk with the owner to resolve questions, EMWAY delivers as advertised.

My final comment is regarding us as drivers. Perhaps we would be better served if we didn't have tantrums when some thing upsets us. Trucks break, money's tight, small companies aren't obligated to be our bank. Payroll makes mistakes, so rather than being a jerk about it, we'll be better served to be calm and rational when the unexpected happens

6. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    5to7% is High the norm is about 3%, that is what most small guys pay

7. devildog3531

devildog3531 Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2015
    are you fb at gw?

8. devildog3531

Jul 5, 2015
    load coordinator? you don't book your own lds?

9. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    No

10. devildog3531

Jul 5, 2015
    Central dispatch or are you under an agent

11. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    Just to be clear you was asking if I was doing flat bed right if that is what you are asking no I don't do flat bed but yes there is good money there as far as open deck here go stepdeck it pays good from what I see on the gem app

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.