Emergency Triangle Placement

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by MooneyBravo, Jan 22, 2016.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I set mine out as stated in the regulations if I can’t get off the highway. Most drivers I see put them out to the edge of where their Bluetooth disconnects, or at best 5 feet, then 15, then 25.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    No kidding!
    They park on the fuel island and go get their food and shower. Walking a hundred paces would kill them!

4. briantmiller137

briantmiller137 Light Load Member

May 5, 2010
    Salem,OH
    If you're fat and lazy hopefully you get chased out of this business. Cops, DOT, and lawyers have ways to teach you lessons. Especially if you cause or contribute to an accident. Can't make anybody do anything. Some folks have to learn things the hard way. Smart people avoid problems. It is what it is.

5. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Most are too stupid to even turn on 4ways than to put triangles out properly.

I see so many that come to a stop right beside a guard rail, making it extremely tight on both sides, when all they to do was coast forward one more truck length to a wide spot.

Or... they'll hit the shoulder immediately past the exit ramp that could have made everyone safer had they just taken it.

JoeyJunk, stwik and Lepton1 Thank this.
  6. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I’ve been seeing a lot lately pull under the overpass at an exit. I do love when the pull over in clear view of an exit or rest area sign. And these aren’t breakdowns.

7. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

8. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

You can always find something on the side of the road to place on the triangles.

792AE01F-9CE3-4DCC-9559-DAA9BED492AF.jpeg

adayrider, JoeyJunk and tucker Thank this.
  9. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    My father summed it up best.
    Just because someone has a driver's license doesn't mean that they should be driving

Gumper Thanks this.
  10. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    MD 95 scale house dot officer told me that he makes drivers demonstrate how to open the triangle and said the majority can't even figure out how they work.... I just must have looked at him with a blank face because he replied back laughing and said even though I'm new into this I was worlds ahead of many drivers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.