Employment verification ...

Discussion in 'Prime' started by BigSky, Jul 20, 2016.

1. boggerman

boggerman Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2016
    CA
    There isn't one.
    Most times its not the companies, it's the insurance and all the DOT regulations that make these requirements.
    If you have driven before, some companies will put you through an expidited training course as a refresher.
    After such a long absence from the industry, if you did not maintain your class A, or have any practical experience to account for, you may not have a choice but to start over.
    There have been so many changes over the past few years with DOT, insurance companies, and local governments that have had direct impact on the trucking industry.
    Whatever you choose, I wish you the best of luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigSky

BigSky Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Excited and a little nervous, heading to springmo 9-6 :cool:

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  4. PolishPrince

PolishPrince Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Chicago
    Are the tax records required. I have been working construction for the last 5+ years... it was all cash, under the table... i never filed taxes on it... but i left in good standing and my boss would be able to easily verify i had been employed by him for those years... Really have my sights set on prime because of the training new drivers in flatbed division... i cant find anyone else that takes zero experience in flatbed...

5. PolishPrince

Jan 11, 2017
    Chicago
    Can you explain the work history check process. The more detail the better! Thanks!

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You should be ok then. Tax records are needed if there's no other way to verify experience.
    There's several other companies that have their own cdl school for flatbed:
    TMC
    Roehl Transport
    Maverick Transportation
    Jones Bros. Trucking
    Roehl Transport is the only company that pays you to attend their school. They pay $500.00 weekly plus meals & lodging, then when you graduate from their school, you go on regular driver pay.
    Edit : if you decide to go reefers, FFE (Frozen Food Express) has a terminal in Chicago and will pay for private cdl school right there in Chicago.

PolishPrince Thanks this.
  7. BigSky

BigSky Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    For me they checked "non-related" references, it's been 6 months for me ... so far, so good!

PolishPrince Thanks this.
  8. PolishPrince

Jan 11, 2017
    Chicago
    What a world of relief! I hope it works out! And thank you for the additional sources of beginner flatbed companies... I didnt realize Maverick took new graduates!... Had a DUI 8 years ago so i dont qualify for TMC... checking others now!.

Prime is still the target!

13grinder Thanks this.
  9. Slant six

Slant six Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2018
    What did you have to finally provide to them to green light the orientation?

10. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.