End dump central Texas

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Carlinho, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Carlinho

Carlinho Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2018
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Anybody running end dump or belly dump in central Texas? Looking for a decent company to run local or inside the state... trying to get away from the otr life. Thanks. Owner operator and running flatbed right now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Carlinho Thanks this.
  4. joseph1853

joseph1853 Heavy Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Have you found anything so far.

I'm looking into this also. So far I've found a broker (twisted nail) in my area (waco) who runs only end dump/belly dump stuff. Says he can keep you busy almost all year around but there will be some slow times as to be expected.

I've also heard knife river, Weber and big creek do similar stuff and hire owner ops.

There's also a company out of the dfw area (avanza) that does this sort of work also but there a Spanish company so if your Spanish isn't good you'll probably have a hard time with them lol.

5. TruckerTW

TruckerTW Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2019
    did you ever end up working with the broker in the Waco area? I live in waco and wanting to do basically same as OP drive local and I’m also running flatbed regional right now

6. joseph1853

joseph1853 Heavy Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    No, I didn't. The company was twisted nail. Twisted nail pay's by the ton at around 5 dollars a ton or something like that. Yeah, I've decided just to do dry van for now anyways. To run an end dump trailer you'd need a wet kit which would cost around 3,000 dollars. Of course, you could pull belly dump but they don't get as much work as the end dumps do from what I've been told. There's another company out of the fort worth area that I can't remember their name but my daughter's boyfriend's dad works for. They pay by the hour 70 dollars.

TruckerTW Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.