END DUMP VS BELT TRAILER ??

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by iamfargo, Mar 17, 2019.

1. iamfargo

iamfargo Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2019
    Thanks will do on it now

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I run a belt and they run about ton heavy compare to dump the reason we run them is inside barns you can not raise the bed. They do not freeze in the winter the belt will run at any temp a dump will freeze up way before a belt. we gain a lot of work in the winter because of dump freeze up they can longer haul feed. We have four and been running them for over five years with no break down only couple blown hoses. Western is by far the most run trailer in the MI OH IN area by a long shot follow by trinity

4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    The reason I mentioned freezing was more due to material freezing in transit. I heard that from the mechanics at the paving outfit we contracted with. Had to dig it out of the trailer.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I've had loads freeze.

Supposedly diesel keeps load from sticking to trailer. But that's a lot of diesel to be squirting.

6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    It was either washed gravel or recycled asphalt. Not mix. Whatever water was in it likely froze.

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Never hauled asphalt in an end dump. Only dump trucks .

I've hauled lotsa trash from construction cleanups in end dumps.

8. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    We haul feed no spraying of any chemicals

9. Redram Jay

Redram Jay Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2019
    When you begin to life the trailer look back at the lifting point, if it shifts one way or another then your are not on level ground! If it goes straight up with no jolting in any direction then you should be good to go! Only other factor could be wind ! I have seen trailers tip though! If you have the kind where all 8 tires stay on the ground you should be good to go! the ones where all but 2 tires stay on the ground consider yourself screwed by the pooch!!

10. Redram Jay

Redram Jay Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2019
    Lock either one or the other. Let the trailer pull your tractor to it, or vice versa!

11. iamfargo

iamfargo Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2019
    Ok is this for a frameless or frame type end dump ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.