Endorsements

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by JDraw, May 18, 2018.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Tanker endorsement is not just for shiny silver tanks behind trucks. It's also necessary for carrying a 120 gallon tote inside a dry van or reefer. Every driver, including flatbed, ought to get the tank endorsement, IMO.

Samuelh, JDraw, austinmike and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yuuyo

Yuuyo Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Tim Walz Land
    The tanker endorsement was like 2-3 pages in the CDL manual. It takes no effort whatsoever compared to something like hazmat.

Also OP, at least for the state of Texas, the people at the DPS would only let me take tanker while I was applying for permit. I have to wait until I get my license to add anything else.

4. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    TWIC is a good thing to have. Passport is nice, but once you hit Toronto, you’ll rethink that one

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The test for tanker endorsement ask in numerous ways about baffles and their effect on surge. Thick product, partial loads, abrupt maneuvers, and no baffles all make surge worse. They must have asked that question 5-10 questions out of the whole test.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CTL Transportation is near you and will reimburse cdl school tuition back to you.
    This is a tanker outfit and you will need tanker/hazmat endorsement.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.