Energy Transfer Partners (Sunoco Logistics)

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Mattaponi Guard, May 18, 2017.

1. Mattaponi Guard

Mattaponi Guard Medium Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    Got to view Pecos in person today after my interview, yes it does have that run down appearance, but man is it ever busy on 285 heading to Carlsbad. Saw lots of work between the two.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. okiejon

okiejon Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Ringling,Ok
    I have been with Sunoco for 5 years.
    If you still have any questions about them, send me a pm.

4. QualityMike

QualityMike Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    They seem to always be hiring. Are they that busy, or are there other reasons for the turnover?

5. Mattaponi Guard

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    Still in the pre hire mode, but I know they are expanding in the Pecos area. Not sure about other locations?

6. okiejon

okiejon Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Ringling,Ok
    They have a very high turnover. Different managment in different areas so I cant answer for them. In our area, managment is pretty strict if you make a
    mistake. After 3 they can you. Mistakes will happen as they hire a lot of drivers without experience.
    Velma has been busy, very busy overall, for the last 5 years. But it has been a bit slower this year. Yet a few have quit, and I put my notice in this week. They hung a hiring sign in front of our yard yesterday.

heartlessangel7 and QualityMike Thank this.
  7. Octrucker

Octrucker Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Nobody wants to live in the places they hire. They think they're going to make all this money and it's only mediocre. Or a little above average.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  8. Mattaponi Guard

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    There are desolate places for sure, and maybe some may want to do something different, not just Chase the big bucks.

9. Octrucker

Octrucker Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2013
    So what's final verdict? Carlsbad or Pecos

10. tompetty69

tompetty69 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    TX Panhandle
    Some of their drivers were telling me last year that the hiring process can take up to two months and a lot of applicants just give up before being hired. They might have to drive hundreds of miles to the regional office (or whatever they call it), then they may have to go back a second time. The hiring process doesn't sound very applicant-friendly. That might have worked back when drivers were a dime a dozen, but not now.

11. Mattaponi Guard

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    Looks like Pecos when all is said and done. I flew out for an interview and yes they did say it could take 6 weeks. I'm currently working. So it's a waiting game.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.