Engine Family Number

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Loke, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Loke

Loke Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2012
    I need the Engine Family Number for a 2012 Cascadia's DD15. I have been to my local Freightliner dealer and my local Detroit Dealer. Both had no clue what I was talking about. I called the Detroit Diesel corporate office and was told how to get to the link that will give me the info I need. Unfortunately you need a dealerships login info to access the website. I went back to both dealerships to walk them through the process. Believe it or not, neither could actually log in..........

So I'm wondering if anyone else knows of a dealer who actually knows how to get this done? This Engine Family Number is on a plate on the valve cover. A new plate is ordered the same way you order a new Certified Clean Air sticker.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Stupid CARB

Anywho try this - EDDXH14.8EAD

Oh and if they pull the order up from the serial number, it should be on the order, you should get a free copy from any dealer.

abdi afrah and Loke Thank this.
  4. Loke

Loke Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Thanks I'll give that a try. I'm trying to get back into Landstar (shouldn't have left) but now they have this new requirement. Always something.

5. Animosus

Animosus Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    SE Wyoming
    Last 6 of the VIN or ESN and I can see what I can do.

Loke Thanks this.
  6. Loke

Loke Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Vin# BD4072
    Eng# 472903S0069731
    Model# D472903

I need an actual printout in order for the recruiting agent to accept it.

7. Loke

Loke Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Had to order another sticker altogether . Dealership has to order it from the DDSCN website. 7-10 business days.

Everything is finally done. Not leaving Landstar this time. Last time was a four week process. This time was six weeks due to this EFN nonsense.

8. abdi afrah

abdi afrah Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2017
    I need the Engine Family Number for a 2012 Cascadia's DD15. I have been tomy local Freightliner dealer and my local Detroit Dealer. Both had no clue what I was talking about. I called the Detroit Diesel corporate office and was told how to get to the link that willgive me the info I need. Unfortunatelyyou need a dealerships login info to access the website. I went back toboth dealerships to walk them through the process. Believe it or not, neithercould actually log in..........

So I'm wondering if anyone else knows of a dealer who actually knows how to get this done? This Engine Family Number is on a plate on the valve cover. A new plate is ordered the same way you order a new CertifiedClean Air sticker.

9. abdi afrah

abdi afrah Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Trying to start a landstar

10. Brianda

Brianda Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2018
    I found it on a sticker on the engine. It was really hard to see it but it's there.

Loke Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.