Engine light comes on but no code

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by HoneyBadger67, Oct 5, 2019.

1. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Running into a headwind, cruise on 65, all is fine but then cruise kicks off and yellow engine light comes on. Pull over and park at next available exit with parking, shut off engine and then switch it to acc and hit pedal 3X...no code. Shut switch off again, turn back to acc and there's no longer a CEL visible. I've scanned the forum and can't find any similar threads. My hair is too short to pull out and wifey gets upset when I pull hers....

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Drive it tell the problem sets a code or tell you can get a computer hooked up to it.

4. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    That doesn't necessarily seem like a good plan....

5. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    With as many sensors these computers monitor any number of them can set a check engine light at anytime for any reason. Trying to chase a random engine light with no code to follow is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Once the sensor or problem gets bad enough to leave a trail to it then you’re just chasing your tail.

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Willing to bet it only displays active codes. When you shut it off it probably reset the light since the condition that threw the code is no longer there. Probably need to plug in to retrieve the logged code.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.