Entry Level Operator Assistant l Cementing

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by irvin175, May 18, 2012.

1. irvin175

irvin175 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2008
    San Elizario, TX
    Basically wanted to know what this job consist off and if it is a good job. I've been looking at Halliburton for some time, matter of fact, got a job offer for the same position a while back but denied it since i already had a job at the time, and was wondering what i should expect if i were to get the job. Would appreciate any insight of the job from experienced oil field workers and how much more different it is than hauling intrastate.
    Any help appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nicholas_jordan

nicholas_jordan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    temple texas
    I am not "experienced oil field workers" but have a lot of time around construction. This is not comparable to OTR as the work is harder and dirty, sometimes very dirty. Whoever would hire an "Entry Level Operator Assistant l Cementing" I would really want it to be a first-class operation like Halliburton so that the job offer makes sense. You can expect to be awhile "climbing back up" so if you are comfy where you are probably stay there ....

irvin175 Thanks this.
  4. irvin175

irvin175 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2008
    San Elizario, TX
    Well thanks nicholas_jordan and yea i thought so too and well the reason im looking forward to this is because where i am currently at, the future is not so promising and the struggle with equipment up-keep is getting worse as well as other aspects of the owners company.

5. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    The work is hard but the benifits and pay are unbeatable for a cdl driver. It's alonof sacrifice but you can easily make over 100000 a year by you second year.

6. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    If the job was great there wouldn't be 100's of listings for that specific job. I'd do so real checking before any move that's for sure.

7. oilfieldtrash

oilfieldtrash Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Jones,Oklahoma
    There are 100's of listings because most people can't handle the hard work that comes with the oilfield. The money can cloud the judgement. That job sounds like a pump or other equipment operator associated with crew that pumps cement downhole for the casing string. Similar to a frac crew member but different. Cementing a casing string doesn't generally last as long as a fracing job does.

irvin175 Thanks this.
  8. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    It's not a cushy job by any means and most who try it cannot handle it. There is a reason you get compensated like that and to be honest most cdl drivers are not worth that kind of compensation.

9. irvin175

irvin175 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2008
    San Elizario, TX
    Well thanks guys for the info, and it doesn't really bother me that it is hard work as long as it pays well for what you do, all i want is another job to stay active and to go to because i don't like to sit around and do nothing.

10. GrayBear

GrayBear Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2012
    I worked frac for a Halliburton competitor. Frac is a little different than cementing. Cementing is generally considered less labor intensive than frac. Even frac isn't that hard if you're willing to work long hours and take on the elements (summer in TX or winter in ND for example). You can easily work over 80 hrs a week, which is good because you make your money from over time. I know several guys that left Halli in TX because they generally pay lower wages and hardly give raises. With all the people looking for jobs now, most guys can easily be replaced so there isn't much incentive for giving guys raises because there are another 100 guys behind you waiting for a job opening. The good thing about Halli is they'll take entry-level and train you.

irvin175 Thanks this.
  11. Kempster

Kempster Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    I work for Halliburton but on the Baroid side moving chemicals to the rigs. I would do ALOT of research into cementing before taking a job offer. It not like frac that gets to go back to the hotel to rest. Those guys live at the nearest truck stops and are always on the go. Plus to make money with Halliburton you got to get the first 40 hours out of the way as quickly as you can before the end of the pay week to see a real good pay check. But over all if the yard your base at has good hands then work is bearable however, if you have some sorry hands working its a nightmare. P.s getting a rise out of Halliburton has the same odds as winning the jackpot on the lotto.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.