EPA clamping down

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by DDS, Nov 14, 2012.

1. durallymax

durallymax Medium Load Member

Jan 30, 2011
    While I greatly respect your post it still isnt comparing the SCR engines.

Like ive said many times. I hate EGR, and I really hate EPA07 engines. While EPA10 engines have both EGR and DPF in addition to the SCR, the implementation of the SCR has allowed them to retune other aspects to improve the efficiency and reduce the downtime.

You also state that you have owned all generations of the Duramax. Would it be wrong of me to say that the LML is the most powerful seat of the pants feeling of any of them? We get 15mpg average hand calculated mixed about 50/50 hauling cattle and bales and just fetching parts. We all have lead feet i should add. Our LB7 duramaxes get the best economy and have no emissions equipment, we get 16 or so average but these trucks do not see the long easy trips the LML sees. I would say the LML lost 1-3mpg on average over the LB7. However one thing I always tell people to remember that it does still take fuel to make power . The LB7 made 300hp and 520ft-lb torque. The LML makes 397hp and 765ft-lb.

The price of the Duramax LB7 was $5,???, each model climbed higher. The LMM was $8,200 however GM kept their promise and the LML only went up to $8,400.

Maintenance costs on SCR engines have dropped significantly. Oil change intervals are getting much longer for one.
    I can only imagine by reading your post that you do not run Deere. Your sense of money,grammer, economic sense snd lack of desore to have a new tractor everyyear points away from the green gjys.

Good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Al^*

Al^* Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Kingsport, TN
    That's only true if you use the word "pollution" incorrectly to refer to carbon dioxide. We normal people don't use the word "pollution" to refer to what human breath is composed of, as well as the breath of every other animal on the planet.

That's how nature works. Animals, like truck engines, oxidize carbon for energy converting oxygen and carbon to CO2, while plants use the energy from sunlight to convert CO2 to oxygen and carbon. Using the word "pollution" to describe that process is absurd.

Licensed to kill Thanks this.
  4. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    And don't forget, that the earth itself, each day, emits more carbon dioxide than mankind does in a year. Not to mention argon gas, and a myriad of other things that EPA would consider environmental contamination.

5. durallymax

Jan 30, 2011
    I wouldnt be too hard on him. The general population aka normal people as well as the eco friendly folks measure everything in CO2 emissions. They convert everything into one big CO2 number and it leads the rest of the public astray.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

6. Gasienica

Gasienica Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Wait till they start hooking up egr to you butts, so how more tired, beat, wore down, possibly die prematurely.

7. durallymax

Jan 30, 2011
    CARB is already charging farmers for their animals "emissions

8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
  9. durallymax

Jan 30, 2011
    It was probably their idea. Believe it or nit cows actually emit more gases through their mouth while regurgetating their food than out the other end.

10. cowboy_tech

cowboy_tech Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Avondale, CO
    All this EPA crap is because they worship the creation and not the Creator.

sent from my EVO4gLTE
    OCed and MEAN

Red Rocket 1964 and Cowpie1 Thank this.
  11. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Ahh, but that is not what the public knows. What they see happening, whether or not it actually works, seems to be the whole idea. It is all just an illusion for government workers to look like they are actually earning their money. I have often wondered that if the DOT really cared about safety, why are most scalehouses predictable as to when they open and close? Wouldn't it make more sense to be randomly open, say, in the middle of the night, when *cough* some drivers might be doing something they shouldn't? The bulk of people sleep at night and therefore if they see activity during the day they don't get upset that most times they just roll you right through. How about when TN leaves the scale open and nobody is inside .... lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.