EPA Crackdown on Deleted Trucks

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Shaggy76, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Sure enough. I like clean air as well, but before they shoved these regulations down our throats it seems they should have given the manufactures time to make these trucks more reliable than a 1981 Ford Pinto.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Oh that's right you're pulling one of them around.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Not a good comparison. Over consumption of urea will drop a cow in her tracks. We are way off subject here to me.
    In my simple mind I wonder these things.
    1: With these advanced fuel and electronic systems why are we not much more advanced in fuel economy than 20 years ago?
    2: How much energy is consumed manufacturing all of the emission control devices and how does that relate to pollution?
    3: Some truck owners have had major financial problems due to the failure of some of these systems. As well as shippers and receivers. How has that affected our national economy?
    4: Ethanol sounded great to me at first. After it cost me a lot of money I have my own non E tank at home. Still buy pump gas for the daily drivers.
    5: If these new trucks were to be made as efficient as possible without a lot of the emission equipment would we not be better off.
    Yes I know there is still the NOX but how much is generated manufacturing and maintaining this stuff? Sure am glad there are polititions to make a those tough decisions for me. They have time to figure those things out while they are riding around in jets, polluting the air.

5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    just think how much cleaner the air would be if you weren’t using a 450hp Diesel engine to unload that bulk tank. A 30 hp electric motor would do.....

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek because it was said that it’s harmful to breathe my exhaust, yet if you consume commercially fed cattle you’re eating something that consumes urea as part of the feed ration.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Thankfully I’m using a 510 Paccar and that’s way better than electric.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. Collie

Collie Guest

omg. These sky is falling threads are seriously hilarious. This is all dependant on where you live. HAs been going on for years. Maybe jersey, california and new york. But elsewhere, nobody is gonna undue their deletes. Especially local haulers. No, the sky isnt fallings. OHHHH the hype. Whats next, if you own 2006 or below truck, you BETTER install a dpf. Yeah ok
    Media scare tactics and hype like AR-15's

9. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    They get lots of time. They just put it off until the last minute then dump a minimum viable product in the customer's lap.

10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    What happens if one of those midwest haulers goes to New Jersey or California, breaks down, and no reputable shop anywhere will even consider working on his truck?
    The shop has a huge liability if they caught and most of the ones I know won't touch a deleted truck.
    There's also talk of a bounty system...turn in some poor fool with a deleted truck and you get paid a reward.

D.Tibbitt, JolliRoger, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Collie

Collie Guest

My friend, thats a risk all deleters take. But there isnt one owner operator that i know of that ever had a cop check his truck out for emissions equipment. One of my friends has a few newer trucks that has the components still there for a visuall but they are hallowed out and still pass a sniff test in jersey. But they never really check for under hood. They just use a sniffer. OLd 3406 motors in his fleet pass the sniff test.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.