EPES TRANSPORT-Greensboro, NC

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Gazoo, Aug 6, 2007.

1. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    we'll see if you say that when you start running out of hours at shippers or recievers or you're 30 miles from home and have to take a 10 on friday afternoon when you're supposed to be going home lol

as the driver, it's YOUR license, not thiers, and YOU have the final say and responsibility with regard to safe operation of the vehicle. The only person that is allowing that truck to be run like that is YOU. they aren't holding a gun to your head.

having said that.....the elog takes a little getting used to and i'm starting to work it out where it's more manageable as I learn the intracacies of it.......within the constraints of shippers/receivers, live loads and unloads.....trip planning takes on a whole new meaning as does keeping a close eye on appointment times and when you actually start your day.

but to blame your current situation on your employer is just laughable.....you are the driver if they run you like that it's because you're allowing it to happen. you're not going to get any sympathy here

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. southpoint123

southpoint123 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2011
    winter haven fl
    i filled out app for them yesterday i live in central fl i hear nothing but good things from them i would just like home every weekend with good pay and good insurance i am 45 my wife is pregant with our first daughter this is my first kid i am so happy i just want to spend some time with her and still have good job i sure hope they come thru havent heard anything today but i will keep everyone informed thanks hope everyone has good day

4. zyk285

zyk285 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    did you start out at Epes as a student driver? I did not know if they trained people at Epes or not.

5. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    I think fiying was a student. I am a trainer with epes . We hire out of
    Select schools. I love it, do have bad days but thats life!

6. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    yeah I graduated on a friday from DCCC and went to orientation the following monday.

got an outstanding trainer who was on his game and haven't looked back.

hit my first milestone last week.......50,000 miles 4 months and 2 weeks into it. Even with the hit or miss miles, that's still an average of 2610 / wk and extended it's 144,000 first year if the average holds up. that will be $43,600 first year money +/- a little but pretty close. that's not bad first year money for a newbie and I could be wrong but based on what I've read here on the forums I don't think you're going to see newbies for wiener or swift posting numbers like that hehehehe maybe the milage but not the pay....and they sure as #### aren't getting home every weekend

hit a deer coming home last week........sumter sc just before daylight and he started out into the road and then whipped around and went back the other way and I got him......fortuantely just some minor cosmetic damage......scratched paint and dented the right side of the bumper in about 1/2".......safety was cool aboubt it when I went in and reported it........she said we're killing her lol I was the fifth guy that morning that hit a deer.......bad thing was, if it had kept going instead of whipping back the other direction I'd have missed it altogether.....

another saturday afternoon arrival at home........I-20 out of Atlanta was closed yesterday due to a wreck so after dealing with friday afternoon Atlanta rush hour traffic on 285, I sat in line for 2 hours waiting on the highway to reopen.....otherwise I would have been home last night after a #### day thursday, I finally figured out the split sleeper on the elog and had it worked out just right to have just enough time to get home and then traffic stopped. lol......always on a friday #### like that happens.....

but, I was able to find parking at 2am fairly easily and hit the road home this morning.......what was up with all the empty truckstops, rest areas and lack of trucks on the road yesterday / last night? really bizarre.....even at 9pm all the rest areas were empty and the truckstops along I-20 and 95 were half full. really wierd usually everything is filling up or filled up by 7pm along most of our routes

got a preplan out for monday for a change so I actually get to spend sunday watching the race and grilling out instead of just listening to it on the radio.....

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  7. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Any that put us Epes drivers down (main thing i hear is how slow
    The trucks are) dont have a clue!

8. southpoint123

Feb 4, 2011
    winter haven fl
    dont stress it daniels i have had them fast trucks all you do is catch up with someone and have to slow down i tell you want i been on elogs 6 years now with a 65 mph truck and get in right lane put cruise on and never worry and you couldnt give me a log book anymore the elog keeps up with everything so you run down to the minute i have rand 3300 hundred miles a week several times with elogs all legal if you cant make money doing that then your not getting payed worth a #### all these 32cpm places i would rather run 2400 miles at 40cpm then 3000 at 32 common sense lol i sure hope epes calls me back never heard nothing but good from this company yall have a nice trip

9. TastyWaves

TastyWaves Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Savannah, GA
    Guys, I'm new to the trucking world. I just graduated trucking school out of Savannah and my school isn't on EPES list which, in my opinion, stinks. Truth is, I've been reading about various companies on this site for the past few months and I have yet to read as much positive about ANY company as I have EPES. I love the OTR thing and still be able to be home on weekends if I need to be. To be able to be a trucker "with a life" outside of the truck would be awesome. I'm very involved with the youth in my church, so Sundays off would be great! Might anyone out there know of any trucking companies hiring out Savannah that get you home on weekends? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10. southpoint123

Feb 4, 2011
    winter haven fl
    i wish epes would call me back tell me why i didnt get hire left a message i sure wanted to drive for them hear nothing but good things they sure dont return phone calls lol yall have a great day

11. southpoint123

Feb 4, 2011
    winter haven fl
    they just called me back said i could re apply in 3 months so thats what i am going to do

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.