EPES TRANSPORT-Greensboro, NC

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Gazoo, Aug 6, 2007.

1. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Well, those who know me in real life knew today was coming. Putting in my notice today. Epes is a great place to work. And have been great to me ! Next job is to big of step forward to not take. Which ever day I get back in (20 th or 21st) will be my last. Dechromed my truck last weekend, and removed my toolbox off the frame. Be packing ALL the stuff up inside .
    Sad days ahead, been here 10 years. Any one looking at Epes , my leaving should not reflect on your choice. They are a great place to work for.
    One of the best days here, Al giving me the Tundra!

Attached Files:

ncmickey and flyingmusician Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    ###### man.......that sucks but given the situation/person involved I don't blame you one bit

without hitting the specifics in open forum i'll just say it's a #### shame someone who has been such an asset to the company leaves while others who are so utterly useless will be here long after all of us go. those of us who know know and know why and can only shake our heads as to why it persists. no different than any company anywhere any day of the week. those politics are why I'm so glad I'm not in management anymore. I don't know how I lasted as long as I did in the big chair. I'm much happier not dealing with any of the decision making even though I could make a lot of them better.

good luck with the new gig man....they're a little too micromanaged for my taste but the pay sure is good. you'll be missed.

4. sdaniel

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Have know a bunch of them over there for years. Don't hit anything , and do my job I'll be fine. Safety flipped out! Went in and talked to Tim about a hour Tuesday . So post to sit down with Kevin next week. Basically , no way they can match the offer, and I am not qualified for a office job? If that would match it? Want to sit down with Al before I go!

5. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Well don't hold anything back lol we both know where the 'areas of opportunity' lie to fix some of the issues that don't seen to go away or be addressed lol

6. sdaniel

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Need to sit and make a outline of what all needs to cover.

7. sdaniel

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Friday, was my last day. That weds sat down with Kevin , talked for a hour and a half. He took notes. Sat down with Al right before I left. Hope this leads to some positive changes?

8. infoplease

infoplease Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2014
    thank u for the information.

9. sdaniel

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Infoplease , any one get you what you need ? If not pm me.

10. DaytonaDoug

DaytonaDoug Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Port Orange, FL
    Does Epes have any APU's or trucks with installed inverters to run my sleep apnea machine?
    Do they have an issue with Sleep Apnea?

11. flyingmusician

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    No apu's. Liberal idle policy during warm weather good bunk heaters for cold weather. You can have an inverter up to 1500w of your own just have to let the shop install it.

If you need the cpap you'll have to use it they do screen for it.

DaytonaDoug Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.