Essential Apps

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by AsphaltFarmer, Sep 30, 2022.

1. rch10007

rch10007 Medium Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    Look into TSD fuel discount card for RV's...The app is called Open Roads.

Loyalty apps for food...get whatever is in the truck stops you'll use like, subway, popeyes, arbys, etc...

I use Notes for scanning BOL's.

Motive Driver...it's an electronic version of paper logs.

Lastly, get a good GPS. I have driven enough to know where my Garmin, Apple maps, and Waze all differ in their route calculations. I always have 2 maps open and running because some are more responsive to traffic conditions than the others in certain locations. Just don't forget to always view your route before leaving the shipper...I do that while getting loaded. Look at the satellite images of where you're going and what roads will take you in.

MartinFromBC and AsphaltFarmer Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Hopefully a few of us giving silly answers just made people laugh, not angry, as we mixed in with the serious replies.
    A lot of you did give good help.

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I would add a picture to PDF converter if you need to send documents to HQ. Transflo also has an app that you can use in the truck to send a "fax" of your bills to your company, if that company has a Transflo account. Transflo also has a terminal in most truck stops you can use to send your BOLs or Proof of Delivry (PODs) to the company. I also installed most of the fast-food apps on my phone. Some of the fast-food restaurants inside the truck stops can have your order ready by the time you walk into the place. I used to make my order on my phone or use one of the saved "Favorites" in the app for the regular meal I would like to order. As soon as I got onto truck stop property, send my order, park the truck, and walk in to get my food. The only way it could be faster is if they fired it from a cannon toward my parked truck. NOT all fast-food restaurants in truck stops participate in app food purchase.

AsphaltFarmer Thanks this.
  5. AsphaltFarmer

AsphaltFarmer Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2022
    New Mexico
    Food cannon sounds fun

tscottme and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  6. rch10007

rch10007 Medium Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
  7. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Another good weather app: RadarNow!

201F4E91-5FDA-4183-9305-CC8653DA46CC.jpeg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.