Essential Information for New Drivers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Admin, Jan 14, 2015.

1. 417bigK

417bigK Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Southwest Mizzery (MO)
    So THAT'S why I'm always unhappy. Lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 417bigK

417bigK Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Southwest Mizzery (MO)
    As someone that's been a newbie (and still is) behind the wheel, one of my personal takeaways is just take a deep breath...
    Sounds simple, but there's so many times I make something 100x more difficult by freaking myself out instead of staying calm. #### may be difficult at first, but anything you haven't done will be.
    Just relax and remember how you were trained/what your trainer taught you, and execute from there...Better to take the time to do something like, say, back in safely than wreck God knows how much's worth of equipment hitting something/someone.
    Hope that helps. I'll probably have to take my own advice within the next month or two. Lol.

4. Rieathbaum

Rieathbaum Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2015

5. Rieathbaum

Rieathbaum Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2015
  6. WongK

WongK Bobtail Member

May 1, 2018
    In all seriousness that is the truth.

The more you know, if your finances do not match, you will be very unhappy, unless you can relax, breathe and enjoy life for what it is at the moment! It’s never THAT bad.

80-90% of people on earth live as robots and know nothing else but their city/suburb and their job.

They know nothing else so they’re content.

417bigK Thanks this.
  7. MEscobar48

MEscobar48 Bobtail Member

May 8, 2018
    San Antonio , Texas
    you will get assignments , your driver manager will make sure of that. Good attitude, Good Ideas , Drive your truck into the ground, is commendable. Honestly, you don't have to impress anyone, go out of your way for anyone, and never push your time or yourself too far .. pace yourself , get used to being a driver, and be firm with your limits. The more management pushes you , the more they will expect you be a pushover. I should know I found out the hard way myself.

8. MEscobar48

May 8, 2018
    San Antonio , Texas

Stay away from Schneider , Swift, CRST, US Express, Werner, and Stevens.. they will all tell you how wonderful and wonderful they are and how you'll be treated with a mothers care while giving their speech at you school.. NOT .. Yes they are all good companies and your first job is important to you and you will gain plenty of good training, run with a good trainer and once you get your first truck , the fun and glamour will end and you'll be on your own .. I would choose US Express if I had to ,, they are a huge company and have nice well kept trucks. Plus they have many customers and plenty of freight all over the Country.

9. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    Tip: if you can only get your automatic tranny to work in gears 1-5, maybe trucking isn't the right job for you.

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  10. MEscobar48

May 8, 2018
    San Antonio , Texas
    Devil Dog , don't ask don't tell barking loudly .. Don't quote me but most felonies up to 7 years ,no further and it depends on what it is .. Get a thorough background check and see what,s on your file ,, kinda like ripping a page out of your SRB,, If it isn't there, than it doesn't exist ... Most companies might over look that and most companies dig up so much dirt on you it's pathetic ,, bypass the recruiters and speak to the HMIC that reviews the new hires or just plain ask what their company policy requirements are or if the disqualifies you .. don't be discouraged OOrrahh

11. MEscobar48

May 8, 2018
    San Antonio , Texas

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.