ESTES Express (5 Year Review)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by KaoMinerva, Oct 3, 2018.

1. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    They need to open the wallet and but better trucks. These trucks are beyond terrible. The Volvo automatics ok with me. Mine is a Volvo Auto. I'm done with manuals. How fast is your truck? Mine says 66, but actually does 65. *Mad face*

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jayfromthenw

Jayfromthenw Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Out West
    I've never seen a estes Volvo, I'd like drive it and compare. 66 in cruise but digital speedo says 67 most of the time :) . Double tap throttle and can go 70 for a bit.

4. dieselViking

dieselViking Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Massachusetts
    I see estes Volvos in New England all the time.

5. Jayfromthenw

Dec 26, 2015
    Out West
    Well makes sense I've never seen one, I'm out west.

6. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Looking to apply to their Avon, MA terminal. What is their vacation policy?

7. Jayfromthenw

Dec 26, 2015
    Out West
    SmartSelect_20181007-014535_Drive.jpg

8. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Are different kinds of trucks used in different divisions? The crappy Internationals used for Linehaul slip seating and the nicer Automatic Volvos for Regional OTR guys with assigned trucks?

9. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    The crap internationals are universal throughout the company. I've seen better equipment closer to the headquarters but at dead ends like Odessa, Tucson, Sweetwater, etc... Expect to see junk.

I have an auto Volvo. Keep in mind, my Volvo is the slowest Volvo at the terminal. It says 66 but does 65. I was passed by ABF in Texas yesterday. That tells you something there lol.

10. jcrack08

jcrack08 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2014
    You think those are bad now? I used to work at 024. I started off with a beater single axle international with no a/c in the summer/ (and this was 2011) I started off P&D but eventually moved to linehaul. Estes has always been cheap when it comes to equipment. If it wasn't for the emissions control you'd still be running the snub nosed Internationals, but at least they had power.

But yeah, everything you mentioned regarding pay was spot on. When I ran Extraboard, I called Richmond and complained for months on end regarding my truck(I did this coz my TM couldn't care less). Finally the guy in charge of assigning trucks got tired of me and assigned me a sleeper. That put a stop to city guys using my truck lol.

LtlAnonymous and speedyk Thank this.
  11. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    I don't want a sleeper, but something must be done. I've started just taking what I want. If someone has a problem with it, so be it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.