ESTES Express (5 Year Review)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by KaoMinerva, Oct 3, 2018.

1. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Do we have to keep taking the stupid test?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stanleyds88

stanleyds88 Light Load Member

May 26, 2019
    I did in IL. I think it was 20 of the most obviously trick worded, double negative questions that I’ve ever seen. I’m good for another 4 years tho, I’ll likely forget most of it by next renewal time lol

4. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    I always forget and have to go to cristcdl to relearn it. It's just a hassle and a PITA

like clay… +++ and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  5. Sylentlight

Sylentlight Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2021
    Nashville
    Is the regional/OTR position mianly dayshift, nightshift or just both? I just ask cause I know local linehaul is mainly nights

like clay… +++ Thanks this.
  6. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    my hazmat runs out in 2027, and i'll be 65.so goodbye hazmat i will not be reapplying.lol

7. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    You will be scheduled to run nights JUST as scheduled linehaul does. Sometimes you can get around this once you know what you're doing.

like clay… +++ Thanks this.
  8. Nickanator1988

Nickanator1988 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2022
    Hey thinking of applying at estes in Georgia closer too Atlanta if i cant get Atlanta. How long does it take too get enough senoirity too atleast have consistent work like 2500-3500 miles a week? Im trying too do linehaul i have over 4yrs driving experience and 2.6yrs and fedex ground.. i cant decide what ltl companies too apply for because i dont want too worry about losing my job if work get slow like at old dominion or ups.

Was thinking sefl but some say they micromanage you not sure.. just trying too make 100k plus a year is all.. ill run xtraboard and do otr solo if i have too until i get enough senoirity too get a bid run or something..

Ive really been contemplating between od and estes for a while just want too make the right decision is all..

9. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    You could run that up easily on the extra board but the east coast is known for having a million terminals.

10. Nickanator1988

Jul 8, 2022

Thanks for such quick response.

So basically you think estes is better to work for then OD?

ALSO IS THAT A GOOD THING OR BAD THING THE EAST COAST HAS A MILLION TERMINALS? DOES THAT MEAN IT DONT MATTER WHERE I WORK IN GEORGIA ILL GET THE MILES? I JUST ASSUMED PROBABLY BETTER WORKING OUT a bigger terminal. Since Atlanta is the major big city in Georgia i just assumed they would have the most runs.

Have you been too the Atlanta Georgia terminal?

11. Nickanator1988

Jul 8, 2022

Also how long do it take to get enough senoirity to atleast secure my position? Meaning if work gets slow im high enough on senoirity just enough they dont fire me. I understand hard too say since all terminals are different.

Im worried about freight lots of people shipping intermodal which only moves freight east and west on trains and the freight takes longer too get delivered leaving work to continue too get slow because people are waiting for their freight for weeks on trains.

So i dont believe freight is really slow i believe its taking longer because they shipping intermodal more because its way cheaper too ship intermodal and not to pay a driver. Anyways im rambling now ill stay on topic sorry bout that..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.