Estes Express Lines

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Truckerg1990, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Truckerg1990

Truckerg1990 Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Estes hired husband and wife team
    Told them to turn in notice at other job. After leaving job and waiting for drug sceen appointment they received a call from terminal manager saying Sorry Estes won't be able to complete hire process due to driver living 75 miles from terminal. Team says but we already quit our job because you said good to go and would be working within next few weeks. Manager said sorry........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    This husband and wife team wouldn't happen to be you and your wife by any chance would it?

4. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Did you call HR and ask if their hiring decisions can be overridden by a terminal manager?

alds Thanks this.
  5. Valuable Asset

Valuable Asset Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2020
    Since when does a potential employer tell you to turn in your notice at the job you currently have?

Even if they did why would one listen to that poor advice and act on it?

Here's how a notice works in trucking...."I'm resigning effective immediately."

Silliness.

cdllumper, audeygdad, Eddiec and 12 others Thank this.
  6. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    many more companies may do similar to a person who is job searching while having a job.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  7. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    Really? Why? Makes more sense to look for another position while employed. Looks better to companies if you are employed currently. Just make sure you get the job, before quitting the other one.

alds and gullim007 Thank this.
  8. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Are u that desperate?

Thats not good if u are.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I have always found it is easier to get another job when I already have one. Of course I have never made a lateral move either. I guess if you are not intend to move up the food chain is doesn't make much difference.

TB John and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. theSoz

theSoz Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2020
    It says on their website that you must live within 75 miles as a qualification of employment. Sounds like you didn't do your research/Due diligence.

polo king 92, TB John and bryan21384 Thank this.
  11. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I lost a good paying rolloff job because I was already employed. They called me & said & I qoute, Gave the job to someone else because he was unemployed & you still have a job.
    I also pretty much never decide to leave a job before I actually quit. I always decide to quit about 5 sec before I quit
    You should quit OTR when your at home, not on the road under a load or when you have pay in the pipeline.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.