Estes Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by motocross25, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Cheezburger

Cheezburger Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2011
    NEPA
    Im a local driver for them, and not very happy with the pay vs the work. Been here for a year and was about to give it up. I started running line haul more, got to say its way better and the pay as well. May just stay after all, there seems to be plenty of line haul work.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lynn38654

lynn38654 Bobtail Member

May 13, 2009
    olive branch ms
    Hello, I spoke with Estes about working for them. I was wondering, how far does Estes solo driver run, are the drivers provided hotel rooms or do they sleep in the truck. Also, I know the starting rate is .45 cents per mile, what is the top out rate. How fast do the trucks run?

4. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Perhaps you should have asked the person you talked to those questions. That would have made sense to me.

5. westernstarfan

westernstarfan Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Lynn, I can't really help you with the pay rate. But I do know that if you're in the linehaul without a regular run you will go wherever central disp. tells you. They make sure you get back for the weekend (or for your days off if you're running different days). Some terminals have bunk houses for you to sleep and if they don't or are full you go to a company paid hotel. As far as I know trucks run 65+(depends on your terminal and your truck).

6. prime rib

prime rib Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Blakeslee, PA
    $90,000 a year drivin a truck??
    That's a bit to swallow bud.
    Not to mention Estes trucks are junk.
    Buy a good back brace if you drive
    them rough riddin ponies.

7. Maxgussam

Maxgussam Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Memphis?

Utility or Linehaul?

$.53.5 for Extra, $.53 for schedule guys.

The company set speed is 66 for daycabs, 68 for sleepers, but there is some variance on both, big deal.

PM me if you like, I will help you if I can with any other questions.

8. Bad~Papa

Bad~Papa Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2010
    unknown
    I look around at the other LTL carriers and unless you're talking about the Volvos fedex has or Con-Ways Freightliners, which I don't know much about, most of the others would appear to be "junk".

Our line haul drivers at top rate with 600 mile runs nightly do get pretty close to $90,000 from what they tell me, especially if they're willing to run 6 days a week sometimes. Top rate is $.535 per mile. Each hook or break of a set is $7.50. Lets be conservative and say you're doing 8 a week just to cover the times you might go out with vans. We won't even consider the possibility of doing vias through other terminals with additional breaks and hooks that could inflate that number to 15, which I've done in a week while covering one of those runs. Do the math on that, then add in a few 6th days of the week and get back to me with the figure you come up with.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  9. cc tanker

cc tanker Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Ohio
    If a man has senoirity to get a good run 90k is not unreasonable I dont think ..I have pals that do LTL and are doing mid 80's..granted your not going to work 250 mile nights or 40 hours a week and do that but it is easily possible with a high mileage run...I can push close to that pulling tanker run 2600-2800 miles and del 12-16 customers a week...run about 66-69 hours ....If you are willing to work and not sit around truckstops bsing get the right runs the money can be good....if your a slacker might as well forget making the good money...but if your willing to work , find teh right co they will fill your pockets up everynight..

10. CRThomas

CRThomas Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Thebes illinois
    They got a place in Paducah Ky I picked up some stuff of my own there and they Ask me if I would like to run for them. I was busy at the time it bounces of my brain. If I could use my trucks and pull in $30.000.00 or $40,000.00 a year that would be all I would car to work. That would be my dream but. All my trucker friends say you got to rock and roll or you out. Just repeating what my trucker friends say. Don't know. Do company's use part time trucking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.