Estes Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by motocross25, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Dwntwnradar

Dwntwnradar Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Anyone with experience running out of Smyrna (Nashville) extra board give me any insight. My friend works at Estes Denver so I got the general company stuff but am curious for more specific info to the terminal. Average hauls, miles, basic region running, things to know that are unique to this part of the region or terminal.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dwntwnradar

Dwntwnradar Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Estes drivers, I’m curious to find out how often or if I have to stay in bunk houses, i have read a few posts about them. Im looking at Smyrna (Nashville) terminal and running on extra board. My friend works out of Denver and never even heard of bunk houses, and of course never stays in one. I of course will ask when I interview but never trust a company to be completely honest.

Thx

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Maxgussam

Maxgussam Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Estes extraboard drivers never have to use bunk rooms.

6. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    during my brief 'stint' at Estes(2 years ago), there are a few 'bunkhouses' left. They use those pretty much for the 'scheduled line haul' drivers. ALL extra board drivers use the hotel. Like I said, this was 2 years ago. I do know, when I was there, I did 'peek' at a few of the bunkrooms, and I'd take a hotel, with all the 'bugbites' that go with it, over the bunkrooms. ESPECIALLY Allentown, PA. That was one creepy looking basement!

7. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

It’s all hotels. I’m not far from Nashville. You will see north Midwest and south. I met a Nashville guy up in Chicopee ma and once in Toledo. Prolly see Florida enough too. Out 5 unless you want to stay longer

• Truckers Report Jobs