Estes Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Wheeeeelsss, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Wheeeeelsss

Wheeeeelsss Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Hey drivers , anyone have any experience with Estes ? I had a phone interview for p&d & was scheduled for an interview tomorrow. Do they typically hire ppl they interview or is it an open pool ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Fuelinmyveins and Wheeeeelsss Thank this.
  4. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    For lack of answers, here is my method. If you can drive through industrial park..when you see Estes truck at the dock..when the driver comes out ask them how they like Estes..remember they are usually hustling as they are on pd and sometimes time gets tight..most drivers are friendly..not all. May even catch one parked, taking their half hr. Also you have your fuel stops, may see them there. I have even drove into terminal or yard and asked driver(s) there, how they like certain companies. Make conversation short, and sweet.

MACK E-6 and Fuelinmyveins Thank this.
  5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    If they called you, they are interested. Where are you located? I think it all depends on the terminal manager and how he's feeling after a face to face interview. It's nothing scary. It's rather released from my experience!

6. Wheeeeelsss

Nov 4, 2018
    Hey I’m in Baltimore. I had my interview & the tm wants to hire & said he’s gonna send my info to safety but said since I have no road experience I might have to go thru some extra steps like a class I guess? How long will the process take ? I had another job lined up otr. I don’t wanna go with that job just to quit.

7. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    You'll be better off taking the Estes job. The extra training will be learning the system, company policies, etc. They might start you at Jockey for a few weeks to teach you how to hook a set. All in all, take the Estes job. If you don't like P&D, you can switch Linehaul. You'll lose all seniority, but you're new so you're at the bottom anyways LOL.

Once you're in, you can switch which is the good part. Don't go otr because they CAN'T AND WILL NOT PAY YOU MORE THAN ESTES... PERIOD. Go with estes. It's a career chance bro. Don't blow it.

Texas_hwy_287 and Wheeeeelsss Thank this.
  8. Wheeeeelsss

Nov 4, 2018
    Hopefully I hear something back. You know how long it usually takes for safety to get back ?

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Oh, Estes is one of those outfits that does that?

Thankfully my place doesn’t.

slim shady Thanks this.
  10. Wheeeeelsss

Nov 4, 2018
    Hey who do u drive for ?

11. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Yes it's BS if you ask me. If I switched city, I lose all seniority. You have a week or two to decide if you want the switch is permanent. If you swap and don't like it, you can go back seniority in tact. I don't understand it, but whatever lol.

As for the other guy, it took me 2 months to get hired. The hiring process was forever. Could be faster for you, but I wasn't strapped for cash, so I coasted it out!

Wheeeeelsss and yankatank Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.