Estes regional OTR

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by allen731, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

on the hotels...

Lots of companies who pay for hotels for their employees(Drivers, techs, whatever) tend to have corporate accounts. So a set rate when they stay. During the winter here on the sandbar they pay a bit higher..lets say 70 bucks a night. During the summer they get that same rate of 70 a night. During the summer rooms here go for anywhere from 170 on up to 500 per night. It can be a good deal for the companies. Especially if they travel through here often.

Not sure if Estes stays anywhere here on the sandbar but I know...Swift I think, an one other big name I can't recall. No the Swift guy hasn't hit anyone, bridges, or the like. Small town, news like that travels fast. LOL. An yea...hotels can range from top notch 5 star resorts to places so ####ty the hookers an drug dealers won't go there. Always check ratings from various sites, and for up to date photos of the property if your looking online.

Stay safe.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Par-kay. Butter.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dwntwnradar

Dwntwnradar Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2016
    All my insurance with family dental and all the life and extra insurance is just over 100 a week. But I got everything. If your wife has health insurance through employer she must use it, and it really cheap for just the driver. All depends on what you get, but I got like the best of everything.

4. Dwntwnradar

Jun 29, 2016
    Estes uses corporate lodging and have mutable hotels near the terminal they prefer, most are decent, non are bottom of the barrel all are some corporate chain. If those don’t have rooms then you let corporate lodging find a location, rates are not the drivers concern, and getting a hote is seldom an issue, but one close can be an oncasional issue. Thankfully we can (pc) off duty drive as far as we need to.

5. Dwntwnradar

Jun 29, 2016
    Again I’m still new at Estes however my best friend has been extra board a couple years, I have seen his checks and I have seen mine, it’s good money for a trucking job. However, it is about motivation as well, turning on your 10 get that extra run in 5 days. An extra half day out here and there, starts or ends your week on a high note. But some driver who go home early and turn in 12-14 make a bit less and it’s still ok money for what is an easy job.

6. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm on my first year still and I make good here. Avg 1205 net

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  7. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Y’all pulling triples out west on this OTR thing?

8. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I've seen a few. Not many

9. Air Cooled

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    10 Roger. Estes and OD are really getting on my short list of prospective companies. Just seems that getting close to six figures and having good, low cost insurance is feasible in LTL. My company now is a rarity but we are relocating to be with family. Bagging out isn’t ideal but hey it’s a start.

10. Dwntwnradar

Jun 29, 2016
    You only pull triples if your terminal does, the extra board guys don’t, wrong equipment and not “certified”. So unless the terminal you are looking at does triples your unlikely to pull triples.

Air Cooled Thanks this.
  11. Air Cooled

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    It’ll be in WA. The surrounding states pull em though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.