Estes Springfield mo

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Scott2go, Jan 3, 2018.

1. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Hell yea dude I'm staying extra until I top out. I drive days mostly on extra board. received_1585190424860280.jpeg received_1585190424860280.jpeg

Daniel55645 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like driving days, but anytime I do, they never route me back home at the end of the week because they think I'm on my 4th day instead of 5th. So I always have to call central. I like extra for 2 main reasons. Your own truck and the variety.

4. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Dude I HATE slip seating man. I can't stand it.

5. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    You and me both. It's the #1 reason I stay on the extra board. Luckily I'm out of Indy and we have plenty of daytime line haul runs. Most of the guys that run em have 9+ years in, just have to get the time in. but at least with a day run, it's only your truck. You won't be sharing with any city driver.

6. TahoeTrucker

TahoeTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    We really need line drivers here in Reno, no one who has been applying is qualified so we have to certify our lowest city guys to run doubles and help out. I did $80k last year not even breaking a sweat. Highest miles I've hammered out were 3,560 for 1 week. I average around 2,500 - 3,000 miles a week. We have the work but need drivers. Definitely laid back and money to be made.

Daniel55645 Thanks this.
  7. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    At the memphis terminal those drivers will steal your truck for night runs. Every time I hide my truck it's somehow in the shop needing repairs. It's so annoying man. Just leave my truck alone. I'm definitely not used to trucks being in the shop for weeks. At Marten, they fixed my truck immediately so I could leave. Somehow seems like they never have keys for the good trucks, but the crap internationally and glider kits have keys for days.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’s awfully ignorant to steal a truck that already has somebody’s clothes and equipment in it.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  9. Maxgussam

Maxgussam Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2005
    You are supposed to remove your property when you are at your home terminal for days off.
    Anyone who has been working there for any length of time would know that.
    The trucks belong to Estes, not any specific driver.

I’ve heard that Memphis doesn’t have enough trucks to cover all their schedules some nights, so if there is an extra truck, it’s going to be used.

I hear that this is happening all over, because of all the new people that they hired before they had tractors to put them in.

Don’t worry though. The new guy will probably get a new truck, while the senior drivers get the old stuff.
    Exactly the opposite of how it should be.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Days is one thing. 10 hours off in the bunkhouse is another.

That’s a dick move when a driver is taking his 10.

11. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    I don't leave things in my truck but my boots. I once left a new case of water in the passenger seat and someone stole it. All this money being made and someone stole my water. I was like WTF man. People will grab your truck regardless if you aren't there. My trainer drives other people's truck because he don't like his. I usually tell him to take mine because he doesn't steal and stuff but yeah man it sucks.

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.