Estes sucks

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Bitterharbor35, Aug 10, 2017.

1. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Truth be told, every LTL co. has faults, it's the nature of the business to have some customers who are dissatisfied with common issues like damaged freight, late deliveries and pickups, poor customer service etc. I have delivered to one customer one day and been complimented about service compared to another carrier, only to turn around and get a complaint from the next customer about my carriers poor service. Most of the large name LTL carriers must be doing something right once in a while or they wouldn't be around anymore. You can't please everyone all the time in reality. As a driver you just have to be a professional and take the good with the bad.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Care to elaborate on that comment? ;)

4. azheavyduty

azheavyduty Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    Several years ago Estes tipped over a pallet we had shipped. First person I talked to said it was my fault because I hadn't put "this side up" stickers on it. I told them the pallet goes down.

5. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I believe it only because you can't make something like that up. :rolleyes::laughing5:
    I hope you were able to get a claim on the damages.

6. azheavyduty

azheavyduty Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    The next person I spoke to just said sorry and got the claim started.

7. snowlauncher

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Many who ship with an LTL don't have a good understanding of the way their freight is moved through the lanes to its destination. Typically the shipments are handled and re-handled several times due to the way the loads are planned. I've had many customers assume that when I pickup a shipment for them in a daycab that I'm going to personally drive it 1200 miles to its destination for delivery. Although it's not necessary for customers to understand this concept, it can be helpful at times. Some customers that do understand that the freight will possibly be re-handled many times are more mindful of the way they package, palletize, and tender the freight to the driver. This can help prevent damages in many cases if the freight should be mis-handled.

MACK E-6, motocross25 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Promises.

That's it. I shant stop laughing today.

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I wonder if whistling up a domestic 20 foot container would have made any pains better for that once upon a time shipper to ship something just once.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I get asked that all the time.

“Hey, did you drive all the way here from....?

11. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    That and if they see on your door where corporate headquarters is. “You came all the way to St. Louis from Richmond Virginia for this 1 pallet?!” Sure did.

snowlauncher and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.