Estes sucks

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Bitterharbor35, Aug 10, 2017.

1. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I've seen shippers get justifiably upset when they've shipped out an unusually large or awkward type of freight and it has been damaged en-route to its destination. They don't understand how a carrier can fudge up and destroy a shipment like that. Anyone who handles LTL freight knows exactly what I'm talking about and also knows how akward, some types of freight(i.e. steel bundles, tall slender heavy crates, pallets 8 ft. or longer etc.) can be.
    Customers shake their head in frustration, as do freight handlers when trying to move these shipments damage free. Some customers will say "we ship this stuff all the time and it never got damaged before" mostly referring to truckload shipments when the freight is loaded, doors are sealed and it's hauled to the consignee without incident. They just don't get LTL and it's pointless to explain it to them. Just be professional and hope for the best.

motocross25 and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Industrial Coating Guru

Industrial Coating Guru Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Estes is bad.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  4. Industrial Coating Guru

Sep 16, 2020
    I cannot understand how it has taken more than 17 PLUS days to travel in normal weather from Calif. to NJ. The context is that we were promised delivery on the 14th day and that it was in Newark, NJ terminal. However, a review of on line data shows it is not in NJ at all. No phone calls outward but five (5) separate inbound calls where 45 minutes each and on hold after we speak with a human on their end who received key information and lots of typing into their database. I would not recommend this firm to anyone. This used to be a good firm.

5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    It all depends on where everything went. I can tell you first hand if it passed through Kansas City, Denver, etc... It's going to be late. Denver can't keep workers because they keep failing drug tests on the dock. Kansas City picked up so Denver freight, but it's too small to handle it... Which leads to slowdowns.

stwik and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  6. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    i do know some of there drivers are hard working and very good at there jobs. but the company it self is trash and robs them of there better wages they should earn.

7. Industrial Coating Guru

Sep 16, 2020
    I found out how the problem occurred....it was loaded and reloaded several times in Chicago. That is how things went bad. Literally a week....The problem is that I was told it arrived in Newark NJ when it was in the middle of those loadings and unloadings in Chicago. Just the facts.

8. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    They probably just told you that to calm you down. Chicago (McCook) is one of the old terminals. For your area, it should've went to Joliet because it's bigger. Again, if it passed into KCK, it's definitely getting held up.

9. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I've ran many loads that you would assume a shipper would send LTL but maybe they treated their customers like LTL terminals usually treated me as a truckload driver. Which would be not much better then a grocery whse. Except for Alaska Marine, those guys seem to respect drivers in general.

10. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    I got you beat. My cabinet company tried to deliver a set of cabinets to my home at 8:00 pm with hurricane feeder bands right there.

Okay, to be fair, they called me and asked if it was okay to deliver, but really, come on!

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Neither rain, nor snow, nor hurricane...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.