Evaluating job offers and still actively looking

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Mortarmaggot, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Hello.

I'm a retired soldier, (20 yrs 8 mths mostly Airborne Infantry and nearly 4 years with the Presidential Honor Guard), and a recent CDL grad from Roadmaster in, Dunn, NC. Currently I am weighing offers from various companies. Schneider Bulk and Superior Carries are on the top of my list at this time.

I have my tanker endorsement and have also submitted for my HAZMAT and TWIC background checks. Have to have the HAZMAT before I could even start with Superior. Both will be back in a few weeks.

The MVR is clean and, of course, I have a clean criminal background too. I've always been drug free, but can't say the same about alcohol. As long as you don't check me on home time while running my smoker in the backyard, we are all good and you can check me any time at work.

I have been shipper certified with HAZMAT previously by DOT, but that expired in the late 90s, maybe 2000's, so I can only say that I am familiar with that aspect. That and once being bus licensed in the military while being an Air Assault Instructor are my only transferable trade experiences.

The intangibles are over 20 years of drug testing to verify that I show up clean and ready to work. I did Real Estate for about 5 years after retirement and was a Broker in Charge for a while. It has been a bit over 8 years since I retired from the military. My location is Fayetteville, NC, so tell me, what do you got for me?

I am open to smaller companies as long as I can verify reasonable expectations of work and compensation.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jfar28139

jfar28139 Light Load Member

May 28, 2012
    Rutherfordton, NC
    Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  4. fivestar

fivestar Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    How recently did you graduate with your CDL? Do you have any recent experience?

5. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Graduated the 12 of July. The school is my only big rig experience.

6. hillbilly11

hillbilly11 Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2017
    Give me a call if your interested in Regional Flatbed, Home on Weekends. 1-800-992-7863 EXT. 222

7. MYPY Transportation

MYPY Transportation Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2017
    48 states
    Hello, you better do not mention this
    "I've always been drug free, but can't say the same about alcohol. As long as you don't check me on home time while running my smoker in the backyard, we are all good and you can check me any time at work."
    Your home time drinks is your personal things, but for some companies it might be a warning sign. Just my 2c.

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.