Ever get a speeding ticket going through Denver?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by A Bug, Jan 17, 2019.

1. weirdpuckett

weirdpuckett Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Wait a minute.....one can actually get up to highway speeds in DENVER? How do you do this ? Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. weirdpuckett

Jul 14, 2010
    I think that its clearly in the cards that Denver and its surrounding metropolitan conglomeratez, will have to bite the bullet and perform what Dallas/ Ft worth have just nearly completed.......a complete re- work of their ENTIRE hwy system.......although it Will be as PAINFUL as it was for those Texans.......u gotta do , what u gotta do...oh , and P.S Denver, please leave enough room on shoulders for emergency parking and vehicle escape......unlike Ft Worth and Dallas.....thx.....

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. weirdpuckett

Jul 14, 2010
    And dont give me that " take the train " b.s.....lol

5. Lumper Humper

Lumper Humper Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    How do you know?

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Wonder if they are regretting not building that super slab they were talking of a couple decades ago missing Denver, the springs and hooking on down by Pueblo. That would not help 70 much but 25 is a joke now from the border. We better build another wall.

striker Thanks this.
  7. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    71/55, $260, 4 points

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  8. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    The difference is, DFW area is relatively flat and wide open, Denver is not, there's not a lot of places to rebuild the highway system. E-470/NW Parkway is a prime example, they built it about 30 yrs too late. Now, from where it dead ends outside Broomfield to where it could possibly connect back to I-70, it's 20 miles as the crow flies, with a few hundred thousand homes, a wildlife sanctuary and a toxic weapons site in between. I did hear a proposal a few years back to realign the highway and turn Hwy 93 into the continuation, but I suspect Golden will have something to say about that.

9. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    That's still buried in the back of a filing cabinet.

10. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    And the idiots have raised the tolls so high on E-470 it doesn't handle near the volume it could!

Lepton1 and striker Thank this.
  11. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    They keep on widening the roads, like coming down 70 they added a lane from the breakdown lane so them cars can get where they going faster, Colorado has become very crowded and most want to be first, they need snow just so they can blame the wrecks on. I live in the hills, my top speed sometimes gets up to 45 and then I get down on them roads, 75 , yeah right. I then head for them back roads, hate seeing the fuel gauge drop so fast.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.