Ever get a speeding ticket going through Denver?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by A Bug, Jan 17, 2019.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Anyone notice the light bar on some of the units in Denver? It's like on a mini scissor lift to raise them up a couple of feet when they stop.

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I did notice some fancy new unmarked cars that are moving about.

striker and Hammer166 Thank this.
  4. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    They've used those for years. Seems like it's mostly Explorers I see them on now, but they've used them since back when most of the squads were actually cars.

striker and skellr Thank this.
  5. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    There's a couple of darker unmarked Chargers that work out of the Springs. I see them going up Ute Pass pretty regular, or north on 25 from Monument down into town.

striker Thanks this.
  6. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    It’s a crap shoot. DPD isn’t on the Interstate all that often. Adams County will BOHICA you in a second. So will Commerce City and Aurora if they get half a chance.

7. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Um, DPD lives on 25 and 70 during the overnight and early morning, maybe in the mid day and afternoons they aren't out as much as they should be. Friends husband is a DPD traffic officer, primarily works I 25 express lanes. In a typical 4 hour stretch he can write 20 tickets, giving 5 mph grace. On the weekends there is always an unmarked Explorer on 25 SB from 20th St, he sits against the inside retaining wall. The white one is the worst, with lights out, it looks broke down, he regularly nails people running the metering lights. They also like to sit on 25 SB in the entry/exit ramp area for University and Downing. On the NB, there is almost always a marked traffic unit on the ramp from Hampden to 25 NB, usually see it in the afternoon. Same at the ramp from University to 25 NB, the new spot is between Auraria and Speer.

As for 70, at least once a week, weather permitting, there is a speed trap on 70 EB over I 25, DPD's recent tactic is overnight @ Lowell On-ramp, @ Federal On Ramp and @ Pecos. 3 am this morning, there was a marked unit running radar in the construction zone by Central Park. During the overnight, when they are working, there is always an unmarked traffic car. Since Dec. 1st, there has been an unmarked or marked car running radar on 70 EB at 225 between 3 am and 7 am.

Adams County is more concerned with the side street enforcement, 76 is their only real target area, and they would rather let CSP have that fun. During the overnight, ACSO does more DUI stops than any other agency in the N. metro except Thornton.

Sadly, I lost my "informer" for DPD day time traffic recently, wife's Uncle retired recently from DPD after 40 yrs, his wife worked in Dispatch, she retired as well after 18 yrs. She would sometimes text me speed traps for 25 in the metro area. Apparently all the agencies were working together.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  8. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Found a photo of one. Not quite the scissor lift I was remembering. Screenshot_20190120-154623.png
    Seems like a good idea, but I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Lepton1 and Hammer166 Thank this.
  9. Lumper Humper

Lumper Humper Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    #### that sucks

10. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    They work very well, better on the SUV than on the cruisers

11. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    There's a rumor that CSP may have a Hellcat based Charger, slightly detuned, for use on 25 So. of Pueblo come Summer.

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.