Ever moved parking spots?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Six9GS, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    All the time! If I’m sitting and see a truck pull out of the one I want, I take it. Usual reason is to avoid getting blocked in. I’ve done it multiple times at the same truck stop.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    Numb and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Just pull out, flip around, and nose in. Problem solved.

I also prefer to find another spot to back into, but not always possible. I haul reefer so they don’t bother me but I can’t stand air dryers popping off every few min.

4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    The most trivial? Lol let's see. Place I deliver to in jersey about 3x a week. If you get the 8:30-10:30am your golden.....but if you do a load and go the same day in the morning and get down there noon-2:00 it's a cluster F. Only 2 receiving doors so you can't relax in the sleeper. If you do some pier rat will try to jump ahead of you. Even if their apt time is later than yours. Gotta be like a hawk. Watch everybody LOL. I've straight up blocked people before thinking they were gonna jump ahead of me. Don't get out yelling and screaming but calmly walk out with your tire thumper......they tend not to argue then

5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I don't like having to move but when you're in a small place to begin with it sucks, even more so when your napping. Or at least trying to nap :p

The place i was talking about i have my "spot". Not much room at all, pretty much the only spots to park are along the fence and you can't block the 2 doors. Not enough room to get in if your directly in front of the doors. The guys that are here all the time know the drill and where to park but a new guy can seriously mess up the flow. That's the main reason i get down there at least 1.5-2hr early and get a nap in. Park myself 30-40ft from the guy in the dock so he has enough room to swing out and get around me when he's empty. Or if im the 4th guy in line what I do is pull along the gate til my tail end is just past the 2nd dock so it leaves that guy an easy out too. Those 2 spots right there are the place to be if you wanna make it hard for someone to try and go around you. Unless they have a daycab and a 40ft can they ain't getting in the dock LOL. Those are the guys you have to yell at anyways. Thinking they're special with their 40ft cans

6. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    If CR England pulls in I’m out.....Where I normally park you don’t have to worry about riff raff

7. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    I pull reefers. I normally try to park off by myself, then if someone parks next to me, that’s their choice. However. I really don’t worry too much about my running reefer because most ever body I know likes to eat. I make good money so it’s music to my ears. It is what it is.

8. RDBG

RDBG Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Not so much moving but I'm nosed in right now at this tiny dirt lot stop. Reason being I'm running a reefer. You could back a space shuttle out behind me and the way the lot is it's about the only way I was gonna get the bunk relatively level

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  9. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I moved once because the truck that pulled in next to me had a reefer that sounded like a Stuka dive bomber when it cycled on.

I try real hard not to park next to reefers, but they often park next to me. Probably so they don't have to park next to another reefer.

"MY reefer doesn't bother me, but listening to that OTHER guy's reefer is gonna keep me awake.......oh, look, a tanker. I'll just park next to him"......

10. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Again that was me that parked next to you..

11. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I heard on here that the cattle haulers don't sit at truck stops very long. I parked at the quik trip in SC on 85 once, in Gaffney, right next to a cattle truck full of MOooooing cows. I took a nice nap listening to the MOooooing cows for about 3 hours. They kept asking one another "why are we sitting here locked up when there's a perfectly uncut grass field less than 10ft behind us?"

I kept wondering why he just left his cows sitting there but I ended up leaving before he did to go park at the outlet on the other side of the freeway so my wife could do some shopping.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.