Ever problems with opposite sex trainers?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by GrandmaRosa, Feb 22, 2020.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    “Are you gay? You didn’t make a pass.”
    “No, I don’t do farm animals.”

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    At which point one must be prepared to take evasive maneuvers. :biggrin_25523:

4. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    The vast majority of trainers have no issues with anyone. That being said, this is one of those two way street issues for me. There are training failures all of the time. Bad Trainers are everywhere, Most trainers are simply drivers who have been conned into or are scheming on other people to raise their pay without having to to much of anything. The system is the problem more than anything. To get up and going as quickly as you can, you are probably going to go out with a male trainer. Female trainers are simply less numerous that their male counter parts. I can also tell you that its been my experience that female students have just as many problems with female trainers as they do male trainers. The issue that is rarely discussed is that the industry is set up for failure for ALL students. I view the whole process as wasteful and uncaring. Look at it like a big funnel.. they pour a whole lot of people into one end of it.. and at the end of the year a handful of people plop out of the bottom of it. If your hell bent on doing this.. get your thickest skin, bring your best attitude and keep your standards in your skull! Know that the trainer is just another driver and rarely anything special these days. You could luck out and get a fantastic trainer that is full of knowledge and experience and wants to share this all with you and get you on the right track.. but its more likely that the trainer will not be or do much and your just there to get your miles and hours in to get rid of them! If they don't do anything stupid or criminal... keep your mouth shut and get past them as soon as you can. KEEP A PERSONAL JOURNAL!!! Everything and anything you want to make note of good and bad, jot it down. When and if you survive them.. at most companies there is a means of grading or evaluating your trainer.. be fair, use your journal to assess them fairly. If could make them better trainers, or if could save their next student a lot of hassles. Good Luck.

FerrissWheel and GrandmaRosa Thank this.
  5. GrandmaRosa

GrandmaRosa Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2020
    I've had to train people when I worked in armored, so I understand there can be good and bad trainers as well as good and bad students. I remember one guy we were training and he just plain scared us. And mind you we were all armed. We told the company about it but as long as he could drive, they didn't care. We just had to learn to pray and duck.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  6. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    come on you can’t dangle a carrot like “he scared us” and not tell us the story on how.

Remember we are bored and like entertainment.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  7. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I know @REO6205 was right on the money. Even though I have no one blocked, it’s because I enjoy and find it entertaining when individuals put there foot in there mouths. .....just sayin’

homeskillet, Jenn72 and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  8. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    He gave him a public smackdown and he told the OP where to go if she elected to block someone. I think that was more than sufficient. Anymore than that is simply humiliation, IMHO. That's all.

9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    It was a well deserved “Smackdown” that been coming for a long time. IMHO......

10. GrandmaRosa

GrandmaRosa Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2020
    He acted a little bit off oh, but what scared us was when he'd swing a shotgun around or take pistol out to fiddle with. I remember several times when some of us would duck behind the armored door that was open just for cover in case he went crazy.if you know anything about firearms you know there are some basic safety rules. had another guy that I really think was crazy. I hear I'm talking and arguing with somebody in the bathroom and he was all alone. Another time he thought there were snipers up on the telephone pole... It was just a repairman. Another time he taped his buck knife to the handle of his pistol saying if he couldn't shoot them he could always stab them. It's very unsettling working with people like that who are armed. I don't know how the company kept him because I think he was a loon. Out on the gun range once we were just supposed to be firing at targets on command and here he jumps out rolls on the ground like some commando, pointing his pistol towards us as he rolls.I can't believe they didn't just can him right there but all they did was reprimand him.

Anyway, back to trucking without guns LOL.

homeskillet and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  11. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    ahh stupidity while packing. Got it.

homeskillet and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.