Evidence shows the current CSA system is a waste of resources

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by windsmith, Feb 4, 2019.

1. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    From an article in Overdrive magazine:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    we knew that long before it was implemented and went live.

I don't worry about CSA scores with anything I do, it isn't worth the grief.

Coover and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  4. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    companies from what I have seen worry more about accidents and big tickets and csa is pretty much against the driver, a violation only lasts 2 years for the company but 3 years for the driver and to drive smaller companies and o/o out of business.... I got into a quick conversation with a DOT officer few years ago about a bloody marker light about what color was it orange or amber just because he wanted to give me a violation

5. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    I don't see any hard evidence just an article by overdrive I'm sure they're trying to get more money out of drivers pocket than trying to do the right thing I have no feelings for them and I don't trust them sure they spend a lot of money around but does it really help the drivers no it don't

6. Blackjack55

Blackjack55 Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2018
    My air horn got stuck and drained the air tanks which activated the brakes.Dot officer gave me an out of service and points for defective brakes.my safety director tried to get it removed good luck.what a joke,if it were funny.

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  7. Humblepie

Humblepie Pontificator

Dec 25, 2018
    The air horn works off of the secondary tank. The brakes work off the primary. It the secondary drain the brakes should still work. If it drained both tanks then the check valve between them is bad. Therefore the braking system is operating as it should.

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.