Ex felon looking for work

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by beingAsAnOcean40, Jan 1, 2023.

1. beingAsAnOcean40

beingAsAnOcean40 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2023
    Columbia Mo.
    I'm off parole in July and then I'm free and clear. My PO has already put it in writing that I can travel out of state right now if I got a job that required it. the only thing sygma would require is for me to go to Kansas city for the day to do my orientation then come back. I'ts usually 3 days but since I've already worked there, it wouldn't be, or at least shouldn't. And the deliveries would be in my area. As of now, Im just going to sit tight and keep working and save money. Once July hits, i'm free to do whatever and go wherever. I'm in no hurry. Plus I have an interview with Swift Foods on Wednesday. Warehouse work. A bunch of the guys in these halfway houses work there and make good money. One of the many things I learned on the inside is patience, and I have a lot of it. Every day out here is a blessing and I am not too picky about what I do because I'm no longer on the wrong side of the fence, and that alone is enough for me to be content.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Railsplitter

The Railsplitter Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    That's a good attitude to adopt... moi, I value my freedom too highly to even consider criminal activity. My six-month stint in County Jail came as a surprise, after the scrub D.A. and goombah tards conjured some "witnesses" whose testimony was later proven to be false. No perjury charges for the documented liars, of course, as the crooked D.A. had their backs. Meh, just one more reason why I bailed outta Kalifornia, even though I was born there. Life is good in the rural boondocks, way less drama out here, lol... but keep up the good work, OP, and good luck to ya! July is around the corner! Cheers! :cool:

4. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    If your PO is cool with you crossing state lines, go do orientation and start turning miles. Sounds like you have a good plan. Keep us posted.

5. HogazWild

HogazWild Light Load Member

May 18, 2022
    I see ex cons driving long nose peterbilts for mom and pop fleets and intermodal all the time and that's pretty much the hardest sector to get in to.. I think LTL even hires felons now

Seen a ex con oversized driver on mutha trucka once basically driving a show truck...

beingAsAnOcean40 Thanks this.
  6. Trucker Lady

Trucker Lady Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2023
    JB Hunt and Western Express hire felons. I worked with a guy when I drove for JB that did a dime for armed robbery. He’s working there still today.

7. beingAsAnOcean40

Jan 1, 2023
    Columbia Mo.
    I believe JB Hunt hires drivers who already possess a CDL. I dont think they offer training, and that's what I need right now. I only have my permit. CFI told me if I got my permit then they can hire me. So that's probably where I'll start out.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Tell CFI you want refrigerated division. The money is better than dry van. With refrigerated training, you 'll be in demand for the rest of your trucking career.

9. beingAsAnOcean40

Jan 1, 2023
    Columbia Mo.
    Hell yea. I know about reefer too, as I did grocery deliver for Sygma. I loved it. Absolutely loved it.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. CV66GMG3

CV66GMG3 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2022
    I have a felony drug charge from 1989, and I don't give a #### who knows it. I let companies know up front if this going to be a problem and a reason for not hiring, then we need to get that out of the way right now before we go further. I sure as hell will not beg any company for a job. If a company is worried about a drug charge from 1989, I don't want to work for them anyway. They apparently don't have enough to worry about. I've met better people thatbhave a past than don't. The more a person a brags about how upright they are, the more I suspect they are up to something.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  11. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    Look into CFI reefer. I did refer for 3 years, not too bad of a gig, but I liked flats better. Get on with CFI and future.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.