Ex felon looking for work

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by beingAsAnOcean40, Jan 1, 2023.

1. intrepidor

intrepidor Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    You're not funny.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mwonch

mwonch Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Duuuude!

F these doubters. It's funny. Some call themselves Christian, and yet...seem to miss the whole point. FORGIVENESS!! They always assume "once a criminal, always a criminal."

I once faced down a federal charge. Okay, okay. It faced ME down. Ya see, I broke a law. It netted me a felony. FEDERAL C felony. Had the Supreme Court not decided that the Federal Guidelines for Sentencing were NOT mandatory, I went from expecting 3 years in prison to 3 years probation, the first year supervised by an ankle monitor. Still, it was a felony nonetheless.

What'd I do? Glad you asked!! I was a music bootlegger during those CD days. Did you want an unreleased album? I had it. Live show from (insert date)? I had it. Out of print titles? Had 'em. Anything available under the sun that was NOT commercially available in the stores, I had it or could get it. I got arrogant, so I got caught. On the day I was raided, I got to know a team of Secret Service agents quite well (as they took all my stuff away). There are sometimes ongoing consequences, yes - but not many, especially as more time goes by. Eventually, nobody will care aside from the victims (if any).

Bottom line is: don't let unforgiving ######## get you down. You have no obligation to prove anything to them (just to yourself and those around you). They are toxic, and you don't need 'em! Ever. Hang in there. After a few years in one or two places, you will have established a reputation most will accept without ever seeing more than paperwork. It may be harder to do in the beginning, but it'll get easier. You have to believe it'll work out because you are worth it now. Prove it to yourself. Prove it to your close friends and family who stuck with you all along. Prove it to the boss who gives that chance. Anyone else? F 'em!

4. mwonch

mwonch Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    What kind of BS is that?? WTH?

5. mwonch

mwonch Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I dunno. Gave me a chuckle. That would mean he's a guard and found someone willing to see he ain't gonna be a passenger again.

6. mwonch

mwonch Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    F off with that negative crap, dude. It's hard to walk straight after so long in traction, so have some friggin' faith, will ya? Some people learn.

7. mwonch

mwonch Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I hope his lack of reply is because he's busy getting back in the swing rather than being chased off by the unforgiving folks. So early after release can be a very touchy time.

8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Shhhh man!!!! We are on a public forum!!

9. lost_sole

lost_sole Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2023
    Western express hires felons. If you can get there with a refresher, then you wont be under contract. Other than that, be aggressive with local jobs. A friend from western Express is working local now making 1200/week take home.

10. beingAsAnOcean40

beingAsAnOcean40 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2023
    Columbia Mo.
    yea. they'd probably hire me on the spot

Opus Thanks this.
  11. beingAsAnOcean40

beingAsAnOcean40 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2023
    Columbia Mo.
    A lot of companies hire felons after 5 to 7 years, even 10 with some. However there are also a lot that will hire right of prison. CFI told me they would take me if I obtained my permit first, which, I'm happy to say, I did this week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.