Ex felons working

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Unclehams, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Unclehams

Unclehams Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I did a search and could not find any pertinent threads with my search criteria so I'll make a new thread.

I have a felony from 16 years ago. I purchased 7 pairs of sunglasses when I was 18 years old, I'm 34 now.

I have a clean drive record and no charges since 1994.. I recently have been warned about CR England so I started looking at other companies that offer to train...

I found a few but before I go applying I would like to get any suggestions from people who may have made a misstake and was able to still land a job, after all had I wanted to make my living breaking the law I wouldent even be here asking.

Thanks in advance, please feel free to point me to an already created thread if I missed it.

I searched for:Keywords

Hire Ex felon, Felonies, work..

before making this thread, maybe I missed something.?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. southernpride

southernpride Gone But Never Forgotten

Apr 5, 2009
    orlando,fl
    now my friend i for one believe that everyone makes a mistak of one kind are another and if yours is 16 yrs old i would doubt that anyone would hold it against you and there is nothing in the DOR REGS trhat says you cant work, most companys only go back 10 yrs anyway.

as far a some one that will train you i cant advise you on that im not a company driver but if all possible stay away from companys like cr england not a good place to start, but the oprtrunity is there just keep looking you will find a company that will give you a chance.

good lucl my friend. southernpride :biggrin_25514:

4. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning

must be an old expression cuz i dont know what the hell it means

5. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    I guess its a misdemeanor to purchase 6 pairs ?

6. Unclehams

Feb 7, 2010
    Theft by recieveing stolen property, I should have been clearer. And yes, had it been 6 pairs it would not have been a felony due to the dollar ammount.

I purchased these sunglasses with money I earned working part time finishing my senior year... talk about some ######### up decisions on my part.

So I guess I'm mainly looking for some companies that hire, even if they don't train. I may just end up taking a loan from the goverment and going to trucking school

7. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559: lucky me :biggrin_25514:

Your crime was nonviolent and over 10 years ago,you therefore qualify for
    HazMat Reg.Everything else is in your favor as well as far as DOT would be concerned.

You will never know the rest until you acquire a CDL and get face to face
    with the Companies in your area.

Only difference tween a Felon and their Accusers is their accusers haven't been caught yet.Violent Offender Felon's are a different story all together.

jas4613 and roman5566 Thank this.
  8. jayes60

jayes60 Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2010
    I would look into watkins shepard out of missoula, mt. there trucks or at 65 mph, you could idle your truck if you don't have an apu, 10 day training at either missoula, mt or conover,nc then your on your own with either a volvo or freightliner. 10 speed tranny, apu, prepass, quallcomm, paper logbooks, direct deposit, open door policy with office personnel, every trucker treated equally regardless of experience. teams get priority on dispatch, then o/o, lastly solo. ......The bad, they now start off at .27cpm then 6months get 1/2cent raise. .Good company to get your feet wet. website at wksh.com or call recruiting for more info. you could pull your own criminal report for a nominal fee to see what is actually on there, i pulled my for 10.oo bucks.
    they don't run a Dac report as for as i know.

9. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    16 pairs of sunglasses? Is that so you are only seen with the same pair twice a month? Can you say "Hep Cat"?

10. Unclehams

Feb 7, 2010
    Actualy 7 pairs, if it had been 6 pairs I would not have that felony on my record. Im running into another problem now. Ive had my licence for almost 3 years from being suspended for not paying a ticket in 1996.

Im wondering if I could get away from just putting no accidents in past 3 years or will they look at my drive record and match dates to notice Ive not had my licence for 3 years...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.