Example of Schneider tanker pay

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 19d, Apr 6, 2017.

1. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    You don't have to have twic but I recommend having it, and also hazmat before ever going to work pulling tanks. I rarely use my twic card but every now and then I have to show it. It's usually down in Louisiana or somewhere, I've actually had to show it over by San Francisco too

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Oh yea.. if I could get salary plus cpm I would do that

4. Turbo Diesel

Turbo Diesel Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Okay - i better understand your truck parking situation now.- just did not know if that was Schneider making you park at that location.

Maybe think of that 2.5 hours as commute time to/from a job. ?

The job i am working right now (Construction, Non CDL), my commute time is right at 2 hours to and from the jobsite each day Mon-Fri. ... 10 hrs commute weekly
    When i worked offshore, 7 on 7 off - the commute was 4.5 hours one way .

Of course, if you are having to park your own car in a not-so-good location for 10 days - that would suck.

19d Thanks this.
  5. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Well I'm supposed go back to work tomorrow but I looked at assignments and it was like 4 trailer moves around Charlotte, I called in and said this don't work for me cause it's like 6 hours of work for no money at all.. I was told their over booked and need me to do this.. I replyd back well I don't work for free I want be in Monday :). More to follow later on.. now this is weekend crew that does the planning.. but they gotta be smoking something to think I'm work for free.. they can go #### themselves lol

rhouston24 and Turbo Diesel Thank this.
  6. Cuban_P

Cuban_P Bobtail Member

May 1, 2017
    South Jersey
    So are you company driver or other? Just wondering if a company driver can turn down assignments like that.

Turbo Diesel and 19d Thank this.
  7. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    I'm company, it want a load.. it was a lot on bs

Turbo Diesel and Cuban_P Thank this.
  8. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Your supposed to do assignments, but I'm not working for free, somebody called saying they were from Green Bay .. blah blah.. I told em I didn't care if they from outer space I'm not working for no money. I was told my assignments would be fixed shortly.. so we will see

9. Turbo Diesel

Turbo Diesel Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA

Maybe they thought you were Regional and not OTR ?
    This is good info for me to be able to see if this is a Company I wanna go with.

Not making excuses for them - UnAcceptable in my book also...I Totally Agree - Not working for free
    What they want to pay? Like $20/move to you for local?

rhouston24, Cuban_P and 19d Thank this.
  10. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    I don't get anything cause the trailer moves were all in Charlotte, same zip code.. would be 0 miles for 3 pre trips plus driving and 3 post trips.. but I refused and now I'm doing what makes since.. grab a empty in Charlotte an take it to SC 90 miles away and drop and pick up a loaded to take up to New Jersey... you just can't let these companies take advantage of you at all or they will... I haven't let them not one time so far and will not ever.. this was weekend crew that dispatched me the trash.. I never have this is my driver manager is in duty.. so I don't hold it against nobody

11. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    But a otr driver should not have to call in on his last day off to say I'm not working for free..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.