Example of Schneider tanker pay

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 19d, Apr 6, 2017.

1. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Their is no tanker anything at the Charlotte desk, no tanker OSR's, no tanker DBLs, nothing.. this is the wrong place to call for Schneider tanker completely. Us tankers just park their to go home, we are dispatched out of Coraopolis and savannah

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Spoke with him and he said he is trying to change that, but can't at this time. He sees the flaw in the logic. No worries from me. I didn't plan on starting to drive for another month, so if Superior is still taking grads I'll probably go with them since my HAZMAT will be back by then. HAZMAT is required with them to start.

Schneider Bulk sounds like a great place to be, but as you said, going where the money is just makes sense. Both are good companies, so I win no matter which I go with.

4. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Had a very good week, first full 7 days with my pay raise.. of course -1000 cause that is some bonus money they owed me from a bit ago. But 1951 for a week ain't shabby

Attached Files:

scythe08 Thanks this.
  5. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Very nice indeed. I'd already be locked in with an orientation date if they didn't want to start me on the bottom. As it stands now, I'm waiting on my TWIC and HAZMAT to come back and then weighing my options. That gives my recruiter time to see if she can up their offer. They have a ton of recruits so it isn't a big deal to them if I go to another company.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    19d Thanks this.
  6. tman78

tman78 Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Thanks 19d. Was hoping you could answer a couple of questions for me.
    • What kinda work schedule you on...? (days, nights, hrs, etc)
    • Are you OTR or Local?
    • ALSO, is it true that most tanker companies are looking for 2-3 yrs experience before they let you drive a Tanker?

Thanks very much for your input.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  7. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    I work 10 to 20 days out, otr. Yes most want experience

8. Tanker312

Tanker312 Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2017
    So after 1st week, do u run recap. Or you reset?

9. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    It's just however it works out, if I can get a reset in I will if I have less than 10 hrs, I haven't had a reset this week and I been scratching for hours cause I ran to hard week 1 with no reset.

Tanker312 and slim shady Thank this.
  10. audeygdad

audeygdad Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Hampton roads,Va.
    When I was at Charlotte a year ago there was a tanker trainer assigned to train tanker people and I was told to talk to her and she could put me in touch with the tanker dbl so I just assumed they had tanker outfit running from there so thanks for the info I guess i'll be calling these 2 places ,Im probably closer to Coraopolis.

19d Thanks this.
  11. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Yea, give them a call, let me know what happens, my driver manager is in the Coraopolis terminal. They are all good guys up their, some are little old and grumpy but they are all very knowledgeable about tanking and good people

audeygdad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.