Exercise

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by gravdigr, May 10, 2011.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    Ok, well know the stereotypical truck driver, fat greasy slob. I know most of you are not that. Do any of you have some kind of exercise regimen you do? Even 15 mins during a stop every day can help keep one in shape. Am I the only wierdo that will be stretching and doing a set of pushups, situps, and walk a couple laps around the parking lot (knees too bad for running unless I'm being chased by a bengal tiger)?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    No you aren't LOL

4. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    I have a FL Classic with a condo sleeper. I took out the lower mattress and turned that into my workout area. I have a camping foamy (thin blue one... fraction of the cost of a yoga mat). I got a mini exercise bicycle (basically, the lower part with the pedals and resistance without the seat, frame and handlebars... I sit on the bunk and place the 'cycle between the seats), some weights and a skipping rope.

No... you're not alone. :biggrin_25523:

I thought about taking along a bicycle, but running produce I rarely had any real downtime. I may still get a fold-up one though.

5. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    This is a good thread. I was actually going to post something similar. :)

6. dwayne

dwayne Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Trust me after driving all day, dealing with people, and doing paperwork you probably won't want to exercise once you get shut-down for the night. More power to you if you can make time, just keep in mind if you don't eat right it won't matter. Eating right, drinking water, staying away from soda, and trying to walk as much is possible is whats going to make the difference.

7. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    yeah. I do my stretches and excercise when I wake up. It gets me motivated for the day.

8. BigJon310

BigJon310 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2011
    Everywhere, USA
    Good post bro! I myself have not started my CDL classes just yet (siked up and ready though, I start next week), but I was told to look into getting some resistant bands. Stretching, EATING RIGHT, and a little cardio (when possible), I believe would make a big difference, especially for those of us with a slower metabolism... I worried about that for a sec, but I believe that it is possible to avoid the "stereo-type" in a easy and sufficient manner... EAT GOOD on your OFF days.... Because I know I will lol...

9. bellydumper

bellydumper Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2011
    San Antonio , Texas
    do some karate kicks at your tires during a pre trip inspection!

10. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I exercise all day, just about. I do flatbedding locally so thats a workout and when I get something to eat or im at the yard, I park to the furthest area and walk.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.