Exit process for O/O?

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Dewey120, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I will be leaving CRE soon and was wondering if there are any O/O's on here that had a paid off truck with CRE and quit? Basically I was wondering if:

Exit fee?
    Do I need to put in a two week notice?
    Do I have to goto one of thier main terminals to turn back in Qualcomm, permit book and get decals taken off?
    How long before I get what's in my reserve fund back or should I just stock up on parts for truck?
    Besides DM who else should I forward a two week notice to?

Anything else any previous CRE O/O's think I should know or do will be a great help. I am just worried England will ding my DAC somehow when I depart.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Did you read the contract?

4. Dewey120

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I was going through it earlier today and it does say return equipment but was wondering if I could just mail it all to them.

5. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You would be better off to physically hand them their equipment and get a signed receipt showing model and serial number of anything. Make sure they have a copy signed by you and you have a copy signed by them.

Dewey120 Thanks this.
  6. fisher guy

fisher guy Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Ocala Florida
    honestly i dont think i've ever met anyone that actually completly paid of a lease truck from cre and kept the truck might wanna read that contract bud they could put up a big fight they are known for being the most upstanding company

Trucail Thanks this.
  7. Jaguar115

Jaguar115 Heavy Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Warsaw, Mo
    ? I believe he is a true owner op with CRE? Because if not, he doesn't own that truck (unless once he completed the LEASE (not lease purchase!) he bought the truck at fair market value..

If the OP completed the lease and is expecting to receive a clear title..I'd pay money to hear that conversation in Salt Lake!

8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Dewy owns his truck. He paid it off.

Dewy i have friedn who is the same process right now. He went to SLC to get his title in hand. He's driving for them for tow more weeks. then goes to orientation wiht his new company. He asked the IC Advocate - lol eveytime I hear that - what the process was for leaving they said box it up and send it to SLC. His plan though is to swing by Mira Loma and have them remove thier equipment ... as far as your reserve accouint ... well that's always a gamble with CRE ...

Dewey120 Thanks this.
  9. Dewey120

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I paid off the truck back in August of 2011 and got the title in hand a couple of days after my last payment. I am heading over to Landstar now but just worried England will find a way to screw me over even though I have been totally loyal to them up to this point.

10. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    Just talk to them to find out what to do. They were decent when I finished with them 12 years ago. They even bought our bus ticket s home when we turned in the truck in November.:)
    I am at transam now but will move to land star when I pay off the truck.:)

11. Dewey120

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    The Mira Loma shop removed the Qualcomm and took back the permit book, fuel cards, base plate and Pre-Pass. They also gave me a receipt showing I returned all equipment.

LandStar sent my permits out today so I will be heading up to Reno soon for orientation. Now I hope England does not take forever on paying me my last settlement and giving back what was in my maintenance fund.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.