Exp Driver/recent left leg amputee needs automatic company!

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by sorefoot315, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    The new kw dash is very high

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RBPC

RBPC Short & Sassy

Jun 20, 2007
    Where I Want To Be
    I may as well be a double amputee if I was to drive the KW's! What are they, fitted for six ft drivers only? :biggrin_25516:

4. sorefoot315

sorefoot315 Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2007
    My truck
    yeah so are the areodynamic petes! ya know the ones that look like the KW T2000? I think I need to hit the lottery so I can get my own truck LOL. I do appreciate all your help.

5. Raven

Raven Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Dallas tx
    Danny Herman has autos

6. creekrd

creekrd Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Timmonsvile,SC
    Hey, I am a left leg bka myself. I lost my leg 23 yrs ago in TT wreck. If you can float the gears you will be ok. As with a autoshift you use the clutch for stopping and starting. That's the same as floating the gears.....

Ducks Thanks this.
  7. sorefoot315

Sep 20, 2007
    My truck
    Most automatics that are 05 and newer do not have a clutch to stop and start. I need an auto because of City traffic. LA, NYC, Chicago I can float my gears just fine. Its the stopping/starting in hours of traffic that I can't do. God forbid that any of the appointments would be set for BEFORE/AFTER rush hr traffic!! But hey thats the business...

8. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan
    Call Tom Joy and sons out of Peshtigo Wisconsin. They have international autos the kind that does not have a clutch pedal. Just put it in gear and gas/brake like in a car.

9. brinkj23

brinkj23 "Asphalt Cowboy"

Dec 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    Could try JR Schugel out of New Ulm MN we have a terminal in columbus ohio as well. We are starting to get new internationals and they are autos, but dont know if they'd throw a new hire into a brand new truck.

10. sorefoot315

Sep 20, 2007
    My truck
    I had called JR and also Troy. Unfortunalty I'm not in thier hiring area. I'm stuck in NJ :*( although i have applied for Cowan, abilene motor freight, purdy bro's, also have tried Calex out of Pittston,pa and Sharp Transport in TN but I'm out of thier hiring area. Total transportation only wants to give me .30 cpm? i'll use them ONLY as LAST RESORT before i kill myself for that kind of pay with a slow economy! Get this I called IDS out of WA. They said they will only hire ppl that have exp with large companies. You'd need a yr + with someone like Us Xpress or JB .... well ya know. other than that bs it sounded decent for a large company. But I dont have a yr with U #####. Funny how they would rather have exp with US Xpress than 2 years with just in time freight and expidited. hmm go figure..

11. sorefoot315

Sep 20, 2007
    My truck
    Thank you guys for all your imput. I'm sorry I cant respond yet to PMS b/c I havent met their quota of posts :(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.