Expedited trucker life

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Baack, Oct 9, 2008.

1. highwaytrucker0808

highwaytrucker0808 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2009
    back whats better being an expediter or a regular company driver im a newbie looking for a good starter company :biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Right now you are better off if I can even say that, going company driver
    Expedite drivers are very slow right now
    We do have a couple expedite drivers who will chime in when they get online

4. gandrew

gandrew Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2009
    bumpus mills, tn
    Expediting is real slow now and what freight there is pays lower than four years ago. Even the fuel surcharges are low because fuel, thankfully, is lower than last fall. The upside is that the truck dealerships are really loaded with used expediter trucks from drivers who have been repo'd or just given up the whole idea, so maybe you could get a good deal to buy in. Better have some money set aside, because the first quarter of the year is a killer, it's so slow. Outside of trucking, you need to be nearly debt free, so you can afford to operate when it gets down to one load or less per week. Go with a company driver position first to see if you can handle the lifestyle. "It's a #### hard way to make an easy living".

5. mizz_b_havin

mizz_b_havin Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2008
    winter haven, fl.
    I have a question, Are there any expediting companies out there that hire husband and wife teams, where you dont have to own your truck or lease one of theirs?

6. Going Long

Going Long Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Yes you can call just about any expeditng company and qualify..tell them you are intrested in driving for a owner/operator..Fed-ex and Panther keep a list of qualified drivers..give them a shout.

mizz_b_havin and teddy_bear6506 Thank this.
  7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Anyone on here drive a blue Sterling for Fed Ex CC? If so, I may have pic of truck. Also, if anyone drives a Panther 2 Freightliner, I may have a pic of your truck too. I do have pic of a mack expediter in my collection too.

KH

8. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Looks like expediting is not for me. My wife is not into going OTR with me and yet wants me nearby.

But #### those rigs are sexy.

9. teddy_bear6506

teddy_bear6506 I'm Vintage

May 23, 2009
    Between Valhalla and Hades
    I applied with FECC a few weeks ago, and told them I would like to drive for an Owner Op and they said they do not have a way to put me in contact with those people. Can you give me any info as to how I can go about finding these people looking for a driver? Thank you for any help you can give me.

10. yendor_65

yendor_65 Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Grand Blanc, Michigan
    Give Express-1 a call they will set you up with a fleet owner looking for drivers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.