Experience Tracker for Prime Inc. Tanker Division

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Phillosopher_trucker, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Phillosopher_trucker

Phillosopher_trucker Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
    Hehe I guess I never really disclosed my furry friend on teh forums....the secrets out, I have a stowaway!

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Nice thread very informative~in reference to the heel problem I carry 2 8x8 blocks of solid deck post about a foot or so long~pull the pin set them under your pads do a little cranking wala no more heel lol

4. Phillosopher_trucker

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
    Looks like my heater broke again, but this will be the last time, they are finally going to install a new unit on the truck and that will be the end of this BS

surf_avenue and scythe08 Thank this.
  5. Phillosopher_trucker

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
    Heya TR! It’s been a while since I posted on this thread just wanted to let you guys know what’s going on over here on the company side at prime Inc. for the tanker division. Things have been pretty slow And we have a new dispatcher who is training on the boards, personally I’m not really a big fan of him because he doesn’t seem to have a clue what hes doing. My regular fleet manager was out last week to go on conference calls/business meetings, and then the next week he took vacation off. I was only going to have about 1000 miles on my paycheck last week but fortunately I called every single shipper/receiver, was able to unload a day early at every single one of the ######## nickel and dime loads the new guy gave me. And scored 2500 miles for the week.

Moving onto this week, this guy gave me a 700 mile load for the week, it is now Thursday, And while I do understand it’s memorial day weekend, tomorrow is Friday but this guy somehow managed to give me a load that doesn’t pick up until Monday...So 700 miles last week, and now sitting around for four days waiting for my next pick up....Like I said I know that freight is slow, but I see the orders on the screens at the shippers I go to and I know there is other loads out there....But for some reason this dispatcher-in-training, Just does not value giving high mileage loads to me.. I never have a problem out of my normal dispatcher he usually does a great job at making sure I have even balanced miles, but this clown dispatcher is literally messing with the food on my family’ table at this point....Looking forward to him being done with training so they can put him on night shift where he won’t have any ability to dispatch loads. At the end of the week I will have my three month earning video that I will post on my YouTube channel and on here for you guys to get a look at what I’ve made during a quarter. Sorry for the long rant but this guy is really irking my nerves, Stay safe out there gang! Hammer Down!

surf_avenue, scythe08 and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  6. Phillosopher_trucker

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
    Here is the three month pay break down as promised! Enjoy!

scythe08 Thanks this.
  7. Reynolds97

Reynolds97 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Hey Phil, I’ve been watching your videos over on YouTube. Been thinking about jumping from reefer to tanker, and was hoping you could answer a couple of questions for me.

1. What are the hours like? I can run any shift, but pulling reefer has me all over the spectrum when it comes to trying to get a good rest. Is it more day? More night? Or is it like reefer?

2. Have you seen any increase in your pay? I’m in a lightweight Freightliner at .50 com, so I don’t know if it would make much sense for me to jump over for a penny more. At the very least, I’d like a better work/sleep schedule.

Thanks! -William

8. Phillosopher_trucker

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
    @Reynolds97 I will answer your questions the best I can:

1. No, the hours are not like Reefer. You will mostly be picking up and delivering during daytime hours, however, OCASIONALLY (and this is rare) You will have a weird pick up or delivery time, also for the most part when you get to a lot of these receivers if their tanks aren’t full, they will go ahead and unload you. I show up to a lot of places a day ahead of schedule and they have no problem loading me or unloading me.
    .....That being said, we do have a few customers that tend to always be behind and if you ever have to pick up from them there have been times where I’ve sat for 24+ hours waiting on a load to be ready, so there is definitely some ugly over here but not as much as reefer imo!

2. As far as pay goes, I can’t give you a 100% accurate answer, I don’t know what the freight has been like on the reefer side this year, but it has had its rough spots over here on tanker, I have the pay breakdowns on YouTube obviously you’ve seen those, I will be doing another one when I hit six months, I’m trying to give the best average I can for people to look at, so far from what I can tell it looks to be about the same pay as reefer. If you are looking for less stress, and a better work/ sleep schedule, Tanker is 100% the way to go, I love the work, there are times where you can get held up for a really long time and that totally sucks, but if you can get over that you’ll do just fine.

How long have you been at prime? If you have not finished a full year yet I would recommend doing that so that you can just do the two day Boot Camp and swap over to tanker so you don’t have to go out with a trainer just my $.02

If you have any other questions feel free to ask or p.m. me! Be safe out there!

scythe08 Thanks this.
  9. Reynolds97

Reynolds97 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I’ve been at prime for a year and a half, but won’t be switching divisions until the start of the year should i decide to stay. There’s a local gig I’m after, but I’m just shy of the two year experience that they require for it. If that falls through, will definitely be switching divisions and staying here.

Long wait times are no stranger to the reefer side, either. I’m sure you can relate to that, having started in that division like myself. I just left a customer this morning and they held me up a little over 5 hours after unload just to pay the lumper. Was late to the second drop due to it.

That’s another thing I wanted to ask you. Is it all 01 straight to the 90? Really not a fan of these multi stop loads either!

10. Phillosopher_trucker

Feb 20, 2019
    Springfield, MO
    Yes, all 1 stop trips, No lumpers BUT we have to wait on the lab analysis of product before we can take it and deliver it, sometimes that can take a little while but not nearly as long as those lumpers make you wait, The labs are usually done in about 20 minutes sometimes they can take an hour if they are backed up I remember the waiting game bumping docks late at night wondering where you’re going to park because the receiver doesn’t allow overnight parking, I definitely don’t miss the reefer division at all! One thing to mention about tanker though is a lot of the places we go are really tight backing, we also do a lot of blindside backing as well especially when we have to deliver in the middle of a city like Chicago and New Jersey, but it’s not that bad and you get used to it.

surf_avenue and scythe08 Thank this.
  11. icecold24k

icecold24k Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Tullahoma, Tennessee
    Any update??? Still with Prime?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.