Experienced driver considering intermodal

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Thrasher28, May 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Heavy Load Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    Hello, 2 years local experience, 1.5 years OTR for my background. Was offered a position from JB for out 5 days, 2 full days home each week. Position is doing intermodal based out of Chicago, but said they can get me home to KY a couple days a week. Was quoted 63cpm along with the additional pay with an average of 1600/wk + sign on bonus. Average yearly income of 83,000-87,000 according to recruiter.

My questions are: Is this average actually accurate? Just based on the cost of living where I’m at and the only regional jobs paying higher around here being home for a 34 only, I was curious if accurate, because that’s doable for me. If it’s only actually going to be 12-1350 a week, then I’m better off taking a simple drop and hook home daily run.

Other question is if any experienced drivers went to JB, how was the transition? I know it’s not a small company environment and probably stricter, but how is it? I’m the type that just wants load info, and some faith from a dispatcher. I don’t want my phone ringing because I stopped for 12 minutes to use a bathroom, but I know they’ll manage pretty closely early on.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.