Experienced Driver looking for an All-Canada gig

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by pmcfee, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Two winters ago I got stuck in a closure east of revelstoke bc I was maybe 10 back from the front their was two super b’s leading so coming down Rogers pass in heavy snow they went slow as expected JR Hall behind me passed between the snow sheds and just about got stuck on the wrong side . I called their safety department who informed me they had no trucks in the area . My next call was to rcmp who had received a call already he was pulled over in golden lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phantom Trucker

Phantom Trucker Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Calgary, AB
    Yeah same outfit. Jeff Hall out of Ayr, ON.

I don’t doubt what you’re saying about the guys you know there. For some reason the East and West portions of some companies seem to look and operate like totally different companies.

Contrans out West here looks like crap. They don’t wash or maintain their stuff near the way they do in Ontario or Quebec. The yards suck too.

Samuel Steel looks pretty classy in Ontario. Not so much out here.

PDI Polymer Distribution (Guelph). Is another one that differs.

BigHossVolvo, dunchues and tinytim Thank this.
  4. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    Those are the old school guys, they been there for 15+ years. They don't feel the crack of the whip bestowed on new recruits, but they do hear it, they know, and do nothing to confront it. Some even run over Twitter praising their companies in fact. It's sick when I read that shti and know in fact the opposite is true. Bootlicking over social media to keep their cozy arrangements. Cowards.

5. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    So because a guy starts at the bottom,did all the crap runs ,stuck it out and worked his way up over the years into a "cozy arrangement " he's now a boot licker and coward? I disagree.Those guys and others like them earned that thru hard work and dedication instead of job hopping and whining about all the stupid little things that are part of the job.New drivers today have no idea what the old school drivers did to get to where they are today.

6. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    ^Nah man, the old timers had it rather easy. Great pay, less traffic, no DEF bullshti, no cams, stick shift, paper logs, etc .. list goes on. I'm happy for them but they are cowards for not fighting with us. Best they do is complain over social media. Had they stood up we wouldn't be in half the mess we're in today.

Most importantly back then things were a lot more fluent, regulated, no scammy brokers and less immigrants.

7. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Yes sir, I have 5 co-workers who were with them out of the Abbotsford, Calgary, Edmonton and Wpg Terminals. All 5 said the same things, and now they work here. I guess if you're part of the in crowd, you don't eat it like the rest of the company. I mean, even the poster boys at Bison don't slip seat.

skipgears Thanks this.
  8. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Whoa! easy guys lol.

IMHO Slip Seating and Telling People they can "only have 36" is just straight up disrespect; no matter who you are.

Bison did it to me, Mullen tried it on me even as a contractor lol. Now they're crying to drivers, leased O/O's and Contractors.

Where I work, the company guys have never slip seated, and they never tell anyone "36 only". They can ask if you wanna do a 36, to get back at it when its busy, but it's not "policy".

IHaul did not slip seat their trucks, or tell anyone "36 only" which I give them credit for. TransX did not slip seat, unless you took more than 3 days off lol. They also made guys stay out 6-8 weeks and then only allowed a 36. I'm glad I never worked there or SLH, ABL only.

The job isn't easy, you don't need slip seating and never going home to make it that much worse.

All I can say is, thank goodness I went O/O, mostly worked for myself, only leased on twice, and now found a forever home.

9. TruckDriver01234

TruckDriver01234 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Do they have a yard in Ontario?

10. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    Yes .Head office and terminal is in Ayr Ontario.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.