Exposing log book tricks

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jlkklj777, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    OK,but now be REALISTIC....And that is the key word here.,Hey,I hate all the rules and HOS as much as anybody.,but IMAGINE if there was nothing in place at all,-I am not worried about you,or me,but all those other truck drivin maniacs??!!? For some reason,one of Mel Gibson"s first movies comes to mind..Mad Max,Road Warrior,something like that??:biggrin_2554:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rocky64

Rocky64 Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Greater Chattanooga
    777, you used solid logic and reason in the above post and I find it hard to come up with an acceptable opposing position.

4. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    If our idiot legislators didn't stick their undeworked and overpaid noses into something they know nothing about, they'd have nothing to do.
    Come to think about it though, ---- that might not be a bad idea.
    Just pay 'em to do what they do best.
    Nothing.

And while we're at it, silence those knee-jerk special interest groups with a hidden agenda that have even less knowledge concerning the Big truck truckin' industry.
    Buncha cacklin' hens with too much spare time on their hands. :biggrin_25516:

5. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Aftershock,after reading many of your posts,I think you are missing your "calling." Would you be interested in the job of something myself and 3 million others need...That of Trucking "SAVIOR" Cmon,Cmon,Cmon,lead us out of this bureaucratic nightmare.....:biggrin_255: P.S.-Is my spelling getting any better??:biggrin_2558:

rocknroll nik Thanks this.
  6. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    Yes sir, that's me.
    Whuuzup, Bumpy?
    According to what I read, that ain't all I'm "missing". However, I must admit that I do hear voices from time to time. I'm not sure if they're callin' or commandin', 'cause mostly I just ignore 'em. Are you suggestin' that I listen to those voices?
    Never let it be said that I, Shakey AfterShock, would ignore you and three million others in need. In what capacity could I address those "needs"?
    "SAVIOR"??!!!
    ME?
    ShuX HowdY!
    That's a mighty tall order.
    Man-0-MaN!
    There's so much I'd have to do to prepare myself for such an undertaking.
    First, I'd have to retrieve my (slightly) faded purple cape and bright (but not hot) pink speedos from storage, --- my trademark attire. I'm pretty sure everything will still fit, but the speedos fit snug and hug every part of my muscular body, --- leaving nothin' to the imagination. That drives the chicks wild and whips 'em into an uncontrolable frenzy.
    The last time that happened, I had to find a seamstress to sew up the damage, then repair my speedos. You know what they say, .... "A stitch in time, saves nine". I have no idea what they were talkin' 'bout, but it sounds like it would apply here.

I'd have to give your request some hard thinkin'. I'm enjoyin' retirement these daze, but I'm also aware that since I retired, no one has stepped up to the plate to take my place, --- leaving the Big truck truckin' industry without a dauntless defender for the Big truck truck drivers all across this fruited plain, from sea to shining sea. That right thar is one scary thought.
    Accordin' to my trusty spell-checker, you only misspelled "Cmom", but that's easily overlooked.
    Truth be knowed, as long as the message contained within posts is half-way intelligent, I don't notice things like misspelled words and/or improper grammar. I'm not one to shoot the messenger and ignore the message. I figure the messengers are akin to Big truck truck drivers just tryin' to get their cargo unloaded in a timely manner. Whenever a receiver doesn't like the way a load is delivered, who do they take aim at?

Who said "the driver"?
    That's right.
    And it's wrong.

It's enough to drive a mild-mannered individual -----> :glasses6:
    to assume their alter-ego persona ----->
    :naka:
    When that happens, I'm sure I don't have to remind y'all how
    ugly thangs can get from that point on. A great big knock-down, drag out, food fight is sure to break out, leaving the buffet cart with only ice and empty containers. Imagine steppin' out of y'all's weekly shower, only to be nailed in the face by a flyin' coconut cream pie.
    S P L A T !!!

Right about then y'all will be hopin' that the door to the shower didn't lock behind you, so y'all can re-shower. Of course, that would mean y'all could skip showerin' for two weeks, seein' as how y'all took two showers in the same week. That would leave time for y'all to grab that bag containin' three weeks of dirty laundry stashed under the bunk, and fill up several washin' machines. No problem findin' machines not bein' used, 'cause everyone will vacate the laundry room to escape the choking effect the smell of that three week old laundry.
    Win/Win, ........... no?

:biggrin_25524:Uh Oh.
    Have I gone and digressed, ........................ again?
    :roll:
    Sorry.:smt095 :sign6:
    My bad.:toothy5: :smt112

7. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    When you do get your cape on..,feel free to swoop Sandy (my beloved wife) away...My gift to you...-for saving us...:biggrin_2559:

8. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    That would be the 37th beloved wife in my collection, all as a result of savin' someone. I don't need another one. :biggrin_25512:
    Or someone will have to save me.

HeY!
    I know!
    Would Sandy let you take one from me? :biggrin_25523:

9. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Another one??:biggrin_2553: :biggrin_2553: And is she still "fertile":biggrin_2553: :biggrin_2553: If that scenario were to play out,I know who my Savior is..,and he was born in Bethlehem I believe....We have not talked very much of late,but when I left,He told me,"y"all come on back now,ya hear..We will leave the lights on for ya.." Or was that something else.......Gotta go.......Read the Bible or something.....:biggrin_255: Goin to have nightmares tonight,no doubt..:biggrin_2554: How do the Mormon men,who still practice polygamy.."do it"?

10. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    I have a strict policy, --- don't ask and don't tell. And I don't test.
    You'd have to ask.
    Small world!
    That's where my Savior was born, too.
    Sounds familiar.
    I make it a point to never wander farther than I can see the light. I will admit that I've ventured a tad farther than I ought to have, but thank the Lord, I could still see the light to home in on.
    Amazing Grace.
    If I were you, I'd forget readin' 'bout "something" and go for the Bible. If you're gonna have nightmares, may as well be Biblical dreams.
    I don't know, but I have a theory.
    Those are the ones who are lease operators with C.R,. England, and doin' quite well financially, --- but they rarely see the home 20.
    :biggrin_25525:

Bumpy Thanks this.
  11. mrE

mrE Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2009
    somewhere down south
    well here I go with my big mouth and smart ##### comments again.

I have a better Idea, how about just doing it right to begin with. log it like you do it.if it takes you 11 hours to do what you could normally do in 9 hrs.then log it 11 hrs. if every single driver out here would do this I can almost guarantee you the FMCSA and the DOT will see that with all these bullS*## rules that they pass on us, does nothing but slow the wheels of commerce and will bring this country to it's knees the slow pace of freight movement will make these shippers and brokers have to raise rates and we would all not be taken for granted anymore.I am working on my 21st yr out here I have ran 2 and 3 logbooks I have run from fl-ca and threw that logbook away and started a new one.I have run around the scales. I have drove fast trucks I have run coast to coast in the amount of time by myself in the amount of time it would take a team to run it.now I do it right.I run the speed limit and I log it the way I run it.After really looking at everything I haven't made anymore money running like a mad raving idiot then I make now doing it right.this is the reason companies treat drivers the way they do they know that we push our comic books to the limit to be able to supposably run more miles for the week only to sit in a trkstp and wait for the next load.Now was it really worth all that illegal logging that you did the day B4?was it really worth taking that chance on getting a logbook citation only thing you did was benefit the company by getting unloaded early.Oh well didn't do you any good but at least the company has a empty truck available when they get a load in that area.(whenever that will be).lets everybody start doing it and logging it right every single one of us for the long haul I'm sure in the long run it will work out in our best interest.I'm sure I'll get alot of slack for this post but after over 20 yrs in the industry I'm sure I know a lil bit about what i'm talking about.I welcome EOBR's except for the fact they want to force them on us.sorry for the long post be safe.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.